Volume 3 - The Affairs of the Protagonist| 74: Strolling in the festival.

After going back from the flower field, Kendra decided to take a quick nap to GOF dormitory.

Arriving at her room, Kendra directly went to lie down on the bed, closing her eyes and feeling exhausted. But just when Kendra's consciousness is about to proceed to dreamland, she hears someone suddenly barging inside the room as the door bursts open, resounding loudly in her sharp ears. 

Kendra spread her eyes open, squinting her eyelids at the bubbly energetic brunette haired girl. 

"Ah, it turns out that you were here all along," Faye muttered, walking to Kendra. "Where have you been? I was looking for you all over the academy!"

Kendra rubs her eyes sleepily. "I told you that I'll study in the library, right?"

"You did, but you weren't there when I went to look for you," Faye argued, bulging her cheeks like a chipmunk.

"Oh…well, I went to the forest since it was too noisy everywhere in the academy," Kendra explained, sitting up from lying in her bed. 

"Geez, I told you that Emilia and I would follow you in the library," Faye mumbled, sitting next to Kendra. "Anyway, are you alright? You've been busy lately…"

"Hmm…yes, I'm fine, don't worry," Kendra replied in a quiet sigh as she smiled lightly.

Faye nodded her brunette head understandably. "It's fine, anyway, I went to look for you because there are mini competitions for freshmens," Faye said, smiling brightly. "And according to Professor Frank, the academy will give prizes that will help us for the major competition!"

"I see," Kendra replied absentmindedly, nodding her head. "That's…amazing…"

Faye pulled up her brows in concern. "Kendra, are you alright?" Faye asked, grabbing Kendra's shoulder.

Kendra snapped out of the trance. "Huh?"

Faye let out a long worried sigh. "You seem so preoccupied lately. If something is bothering you, then just tell me, remember that I'm just here, alright?" Faye said, peeking in Kendra's face. 

"Yes, of course my friend," Kendra mumbled in a comforting tone. 

"Are you sure?" Faye probed.

Kendra smiled softly, nodding her head. "Don't worry about it, anyway, what were you saying again? About the mini competitions?"

The brunette haired girl sighed helplessly, but Faye still explained everything thoroughly to Kendra. Meanwhile, Kendra only smiled, nodding her head like she was listening attentively. 

However, the truth is Kendra's mind is still wandering somewhere.

Kendra already knew everything what Faye told her, but Kendra must act like she doesn't know. Everything that will happen in this academy, Kendra already knew all about it. 

Yet, Kendra can only act like this is all new to her, so the cult members will not discover that she is one of those people who time travelled. Still, everything about it is taking a toll on her, and Kendra feels tense from all the overwhelming pressure.

"Kendra? Are you listening?" Faye asked, waving her hand in front of Kendra's face.

Kendra smiled, nodding her head again.

Faye sighed in relief. "Good, I thought you weren't listening, and I had to explain everything again, so what do you think? Are you coming?"

Kendra blinks her eyes. [Coming to where?] Kendra wanted to ask, but she decided not to. Instead, she nodded affirmatively at Faye.

"I think it's good, coming? Of course I'm coming," Kendra replied, like she knows what she was talking about, but in truth, Kendra doesn't have any idea of what Faye just said.