Volume 2 - The Beginning of the End| 67: Not on the same wavelength.

The sea is calm, and the sky is bright. Although the sea breeze is getting a little aggressive, the weather is nonetheless still doable to voyage.

Bakunawa and I did not encounter anything strange along the way. Everything is ordinary, and this made me feel at ease.

'Let's hope that the whole journey back and forth continues to be unproblematic,' I thought to myself as I sighed, staring at the straight edge of the sea.

Last night, I did nothing but meditate, while doing each of the basic physical forms of exercise a hundred times.

It's a little tiring to have only one hand available. It's a huge struggle since I'm not used to it.

Right, if I could transform this forged hand into a blade? Then I should be able to transform it back, right?

I knitted my brows, raising the white blade in front of my face.

"Bakunawa, tell me how I can turn back this white blade into my original hand, you know how, right?" I asked, glancing at Bakunawa's large eyes.

[What do you mean?] Bakunawa asked, confused.

My brows furrowed. "Didn't you offer to help me teach how to control my mana?"

[Yes, I did, but what does that have to do with the blade on your right wrist?]

I pinch the bridge of my nose, feeling like Bakunawa and I are not on the same wavelength of understanding. Like we're talking about different topics with each other.

I took a deep sigh as I glanced at Bakunawa's large eyes. "When we're on the underground floor of the arena, you suddenly ask if I don't know how to control my mana, right?"

[I did...and?] Bakunawa replied, baffled.

"And so...why did you ask?" I inquired.

[Because your soul looks chaotic, and as a sacred beast, it was still my duty to guide you since you are a soul wanderer.] Bakunawa answered. [Why...?]

"Huh? I thought you asked me because you'll help me turn the white blade back to its original form...?" I said, perplexed.

[HUH? I thought that the white blade attached to your right is originally like that...?] Bakunawa transmitted, sounding even more bewildered.

"What? No! This white blade suddenly transforms like this, but it was originally forged as an alternative hand by Joan, so I don't know how it became like this...?" I said, also confused.

[What? Did it suddenly turn that way?]

I shrugged. "I'm not sure...if I remember correctly, I was looking for a blade, and I was so obsessed with it at that time, then suddenly, the forged hand transformed into a blade," I said, scratching the back of my neck with my left hand.

At that, we both fell in silence.

[Hmm, perhaps you probably manifest your thoughts, channelling your mana to your forged hand, transforming it into a blade.] Bakunawa explained, sounding unsure.

My brows wrinkled, feeling even more confused. "But my forged hand is made from Pula's white horn, so how did I transform it into this?" I said.

[That...I also don't know since it's my first time encountering something like this. You're the first to do this in this world, mortal.] Bakunawa transmitted over my head.

"I see, well, I'll try to figure it out myself," I said, looking down at the white blade.

[Tell me once you figure it out. I'm also interested in this newfound knowledge.]