Volume 1 - The Inception| 5: Test results.

'Stop! She's a stranger,' said the angel conscience in my head as I slowly moved my hand to reach the open palm waiting in front of me. 'So what? This is the easy path,' the bad devil contradicted the little angel in my head.

Hearing my own complicated thoughts turning to chaos, it made me realise an important matter. The little angel in my head has a point, I couldn't possibly trust and make a deal with a stranger, right?

Furthermore, this woman might turn out to be another character in the novel. Although I recognized the protagonist at a glance earlier, I still don't know what the other characters look like in reality.

Well, it was still because the author mentioned in the novel that the protagonist has three distinct moles on her face, so I knew that the person who suddenly approached me was the protagonist.

These three moles were repeatedly described in the novel, so I knew at first sight that the person who suddenly approached me was the protagonist. Especially when she introduced herself as Kendra Salamanca. It was the same name the protagonist had.

Be that as it may, the novel is concentrated on the protagonist's life, so I have no information on what everyone looks like in the novel. After all, the book would only describe a character in the story if it had an important role to play. Additionally, I'm not good at memorization, so I can't possibly remember every little detail in the novel.

Which is why I decided to postpone the deal to get to know the inspector lady before me. If it turns out; that the inspector lady was indeed one of the characters in the novel, then I will have to reconsider another option to enter this academy, because I honestly don't want to get involved with anyone that has a role to play in that damn book.

With a solemn face, I stretched my lips to an awkward smile, staring with apprehension at the inspector lady who was giving me a devilish grin.

"What's the matter?" The inspector lady asked.

"Nothing, It's just that I still don't know your name so..." I said, giving her a sheepish grin as I retracted my hand.

The inspector lady mouthed an O as she nodded understandably.

"Right, I forgot to introduce myself, well lass, my first name is Alexandra which means protector, and my surname Cassidy means curly hair and from what you can see," the inspector lady paused.

She twirled her long red curly hair with her fingers as she continued, "I have curly hair which I inherited from my father..."

The inspector lady paused for a while, looking outside the window in a trance, and with a deep sigh, she went and sat on the wooden chair near the table.

After that, the inspector lady glanced at me, and in a reminiscing tone, she continued. "My father named me Alexandra because he wanted me to become a knight, but I strayed on that path and instead became a magic research scientist," she said with a slight tone of sadness.

However, her sadness didn't last long as she quickly smiled at me and said, "well if there's anything else you want to know about magic, just ask me, I'd gladly answer you with the best of my ability, especially if it's about dark attribute," the inspector lady said, winking at me.

I didn't listen much to everything that the inspector lady ranted about; only listening to the first half of what she said, trying to recall any characters in the novel with the name Alexandra Cassidy. I repeated her name several times in my head, but I can't seem to remember anyone named Alexandra Cassidy in the book.

Since this woman isn't a character in the novel, then there is no harm associating myself with her. So I turned and went in front of Alexandra with a resolutely determined mind.