Volume 1 - The Inception| 18: By chance.

The brat and I are walking down the stairs. My mind is busy thinking about the plot in the novel when Cliopatra suddenly raises a weird question.

"Oaf, what type of omegas do you like?" Cliopatra suddenly asked out of nowhere. "Do you prefer your partner as a male or a female omega?" She added, staring at me curiously with her emerald eyes.

My eyebrows crossed together with Cliopatra's question. "No one, I'm not interested in anyone," I answered flatly.

It's true. I don't like anyone. At least, not in a romantic or sexual sort of way.

As an aromantic asexual, I don't feel any urge to be in a relationship or invest myself to have romance with any gender. Not because I don't belong in this world, but because this is who I am.

Having said that, it doesn't mean I don't support people to fall in love and experience the wonders of romance. That's why I don't mind playing the role of a matchmaker.

Cliopatra furrowed her brows at me and said, "that can't be true, Oaf."

"But it's true," I replied somewhat with a blank face.

Cliopatra then grinned at me and said, "come on, we're both going to become an alpha in the future and we're friends, and..."

The brat's ears reddened a bit as she averted her gaze and continued, "friends should share their deepest desires and preferences to each other," she paused, her emerald eyes then glanced at me again as she inquiringly said, "so what's your type?"

My brows creased as I replied. "It's true though."

Cliopatra stared at me for a while. Little by little, her eyelids widened as she gasped like a bolt of revelation hit her head.

Cliopatra covered her chest as she scooted away from me. "You, do you play for the other team?" The brat said in vigilance. "I mean, I don't mind it, but you can't have such feelings for me, because we're friends...right?" Cliopatra added as she tilted her head to the side.

Seeing the expression on her face, I grimace and scoff, "who said that I have feelings for you?"

But Cliopatra took two wide steps, widening the distance between us even more; seeming not to believe me.

I clicked my tongue, shaking my head. "Tsk, tsk, listen brat, I'll tell you what since you're so curious to discover my sexual preference, well, to be honest with you, I also don't mind people like that..."

My mouth twitched seeing that the brat swiftly took one more step aside, adding more spaces from the gap across me and her.

Making another sharp noise, hitting my tongue from the roof of my mouth, I resume in speaking, "...and to answer your inquiries, no, I don't swing the other way," I paused, tilting my head to the side thoughtfully as I continued, "or any way for that matter, well, do you get it now?"

Cliopatra frowned, skeptical with my answer. "If you don't like omega or alpha, then what type of person do you prefer? Is it beta? So you like beta, huh?" She mumbled continuously.

Her blonde head tilted to the side; emerald eyes gaze at me; like she wanted to crack my head open.

I took a deep sigh since it seems that Cliopatra still doesn't get it. "Brat, like I said, I'm not interested in any gender," I said. "At least not in a romantic way," I added.

As we turned a corner, Cliopatra continued to mumble, "that can't be..."

As Cliopatra was busy questioning my sexual preference, a brunette haired girl suddenly came in sight walking in reverse.