Volume 2 - The Beginning of the End| 53: Halfling.

I took a deep sigh. As soon as I walk; I instantly searched, roaming my eyes inside the spacious four wall room, and immediately, I found a hornless rabbit with pink fur. 

Pula?

My brows creased seeing the missing horns on Pula's head. Her eyes are closed and her body is laid on the cold stone. A white sand and stones are circled around her; the stones have weird symbols carved on them. 

Next to the pink rabbit is Alexadra, sitting in a lotus position with her eyes closed. Like Pula; Alexandra is also surrounded with a circle of white sand and carved stones. 

I gaze with conflicted eyes. Alexandra looked pale and thin. Her forehead is drench with sweat; her brows are crossed together as she keeps the lids of her eyes deeply closed. Based on her expression, it seems that she is struggling and in pain. 

Seeing the situation in front of me, it appears that Pula is still not fine yet. It also seems that this is why they are both not beside me. However, just seeing Pula is still alive eases the tension in my heart a little.

With a deep sigh of relief, I move my legs approaching those two in the middle of the room. Yet, just as I was about to walk towards those two in the middle; Joan grabbed me on the shoulder restraining me from continuing. I turn my head to the seven foot tall woman with an inquiring gaze.

Joan shook her head lightly; her green eyes gaze at me then to those two in the middle of the room. "Don't disturb them, kid."

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"It's best not to disturb them for now," Joan answered vaguely, exhaling a puff of smoke. 

Despite not understanding the situation, I could feel that it was indeed not the best time for me to approach. With knitted brows, I reluctantly nod my head as I remain standing where I am. 

"I understand," I replied, staring at those two in the middle. "What's the situation?"

"Well, Alex has been sending mana to that halfling for over a week now," Saint Agatha stated, standing on my other side. "So both Joan and I thought that she was the master of that halfling."

The invading anxiety in my head made my intestines twisting inside my stomach. My eyes narrowed at Alexandra.

If I remember correctly, according to the books I read and studied in the library, every individual only has a limited amount of mana within them, and it is stated in the book that every individual should learn to limit the use of their mana. 

Because running out of mana is equal to losing blood in your body. Which means that once an individual loses too much mana then that individual will eventually die. 

This was called Mana Loss in the book. A medical term called for losing so much mana in an individual's body, and losing too much mana may result in death. 

Recalling what I studied in the library, I became even more anxious in my heart. 

"Isn't that dangerous?" I asked quietly, looking at Saint Agatha for answers.

Saint Agatha glanced at me then at those two in the middle. 

"Let's discuss this outside," Saint Agatha replied, then she glanced at Joan and said, "look after them."

Joan didn't reply and only nodded, walking on the corner of the room, leaning her back to the wall and staring at those two in the middle with intense green eyes.  

Afterwards, Saint Agatha beckoned for me. I took a quick look at Pula and Alexandra once more before I went with Saint Agatha outside. Inhaling deeply, I left the room, and as soon as I stood outside, Saint Agatha immediately confronted me.