Volume 2 - The Beginning of the End| 57: One last time.

I sat there alone in the empty dark place while my body moved on its own. 

The white blade on my right quivered. It dash straight to the gladiator woman's torso. The gladiator-woman dodge, gripping my right wrist with both of her hands, and restraining the white blade from rampaging in frenzy. 

The gladiator-woman's eyebrows frown as her mouth opened, muttering something I couldn't hear. 

My left hand clenched, pounding the face of the gladiator woman, and little by little, her face started to swell. Blood oozed on her broken nose and shattered golden teeth.

The gladiator woman didn't fight back, and she couldn't retaliate. Both of her hands were still restraining the white blade. It became easy for my body to attack her with my left fist. 

Gnashing her broken teeth at me, her chest pushed up as her mouth opened as if yelling something. No matter how much the gladiator woman opened her mouth, I still couldn't hear a thing, nor can I do anything to stop my body moving instinctively. 

It's like I'm watching a soundless movie. Like I'm alone in the cinema, and the scene in front of me is the film. The scene played on a huge screen, while I sat in front of it alone, surrounded with void and blackness. 

I felt nauseated watching it.

I only wanted the film to end, but I have no control of my body. Nor do I want to control my body. 

It's like my body has been yearning for this moment. I felt a burning crave inside of me; like a longing for blood, violence, and chaos. 

I felt disgusted watching the scene in front of me, and at the same time, I couldn't take my eyes away as the gladiator woman was beaten up to a pulp. I smiled in delight, seeing the gladiator woman in pain, then I frown realising my own repulsive thoughts. 

I curled my knees to my stomach, hugging my legs as I watched the scene in silence. 

The more I watch the scene, the more I feel detached from my body. Bit by bit, I felt myself gradually getting further and further away from the film whilst the huge screen slowly became small until there was only a dot of light left. 

The only light I had became so small as darkness enshrouded everything in sight. 

"Kid, hey wake up…" 

My eyes burst open as I gasped out of breath, and my first sight was welcomed by Joan's worried face, tapping my cheeks with her big rough hand. 

Seeing me staring at her, Joan retracted her palm from slapping my face. "You…alright?"

I blink, narrowing my eyes at her, then I glance around seeing the familiar painting on the ceiling. 

"You seem to be having a nightmare, so I woke you up," Joan explained. 

My brows crossed together, still panting for air. 

I sat up, and Joan gave me space. She sat next to me on the bed as she offered the pipe to me once again.

"I don't smoke," I said in a hoarse voice. 

Joan shrugs as she put the pipe back to her mouth.

I looked down at myself, and I noticed that I'm still wearing the same clothes before I fainted. I felt an aching pain behind my head. 

I frown as I felt a throbbing headache on my temples, trying to remember what happened. 

That gladiator woman being pummelled and beaten up is the last thing I remember. I gulped as I stared at the reddish wounds on the knuckles of my left hand. While the white blade on my right has a little dried up blood smudge on it.