Volume 3 - The Affairs of the Protagonist| 87: Fateful encounter.

Professor Frank praised Kendra's team for decisively helping their classmates complete the first task in the team cooking competition. This made Kendra, Faye, and Emilia earn Professor Frank's approval and favour.

Kendra and the others also earned the approval and favour from Chef Stern, someone who has mastered all sorts of cooking techniques. 

Chef Stern also teaches as a professor in the academy, but she won't make any students call her professor, which is why everyone calls her Chef instead of Professor; this made Coy's team, Leon's team, Axel's team, and the others also earned favours from Chef Stern; only favours and not approval, but it's still a huge thing.

Anyway, this feat made the S-Class respect Kendra's team during the team cooking competition, especially those who were helped by Kendra's team. Aside from Kendra's team; other students in the S-Class also received favours and approvals as well.

Cliopatra received the approval and favour of Professor Matilda Degen. Gabriela also gained approval and favour from Professor Smith, someone that has mastered forging of both weapons and armours.

Cliopatra and Gabriela both won first place in their respective competitions, which added to the total number of accumulated points for their class.

All in all; everyone in the S-Class won and received awards. Even if some of them didn't win first place, they all still won some kind of place. Which is why the total number of points on Kendra's class are so high.

After the competitions ended, the welcoming festival also ended, and all of the classes resumed to normal. 

Currently, it was August 05, 1658; about a week has passed since the Welcoming Festival ended, and inside the lecture room of the S-Class students, Professor Frank is announcing details on another competition by the end of the month. 

"Alright class, in about another month. The academy is going to hold another competition, but this time, the upperclassmen is included. The competition is about team battles. And only the final winner from freshmen, sophomore, junior, and senior year will earn points. And take note, everyone is not required to join, but the prizes and points that any class will get from it is vital in the Major Tournament. Further details will be announced on the day of the competition. That's all, class is dismissed!" Professor Frank said.

The students then started dispersing one by one with thoughtful expressions on their faces; they feel like Professor Frank is hinting something to them.

On the other hand, Kendra's team of three already knows what it is about, so Kendra is not worried as she separates herself from Faye and Emilia, walking to the direction of Professor Hemlock's laboratory.

Everything went according to Kendra's plan during the competition, but there is a little problem that could become bigger depending on how Kendra handles it. 

That little problem is that the S-Class didn't become united; their S-Class is currently divided into three separate groups.

Cliopatra took over half of the class, which is equal to 40 students, and most of these students in Cliopatra's side are nobles. When the competition ended; Cliopatra also earned respect from her fellow classmates in their S-Class. After all, the weak always respects the strong, and that's how it goes anywhere in the world.

On the other hand, the students on Kendra's side are mostly commoners. Probably because they felt more connected to Kendra's team and group. 

The third group is the neutral group which is handled by Gabriela, surprisingly. 

Which would prove to be a problem since the next mini competition is about class vs class kind of competition, a mini version of the major tournament; this is to give clues to greenhorn students about what the major competition is all about. 

Kendra pursed her lips as she continued to walk to her next class, feeling that things wouldn't be as easy as it was in the first mini competition.

If Kendra didn't expose herself to the cult members during the competition; Kendra wouldn't even work hard in uniting all of her classmates.

Kendra would rather drop half of them since half of her classmates are nobles; it would only bring trouble to Kendra in the long run. After all, Kendra plans to bring the aristocrats system down, changing the government system to democracy, so all people will have the right to become a leader and choose their own leader.

However, the situation now is different, and Kendra needs to prioritise the cult members first.

There is a third party involved which should not belong to their kingdom, and Kendra will do whatever it takes to protect her people from the cult members. Even if it means working together with despicable aristocrats for the time being. After sorting that problem, Kendra will handle the aristocrats next.

But at the moment, Kendra needs to work on the problem with her class first; she needs to focus on the small matters first before taking on the bigger roles. After all, if S-Class fails to get the free-pass, Kendra's future recruits might get expelled, which is why Kendra is trying her best to not let a single one of them get expelled.

When Kendra turned the corner; someone suddenly appeared in sight, bumping purposely to the absentminded Kendra. The student, who bumped into Kendra, fell purposely on the floor.

"Ah!" The student purposely let out a loud noise.

Kendra blinks her eyes in surprise, then she bent her legs to help and check the other party. "Forgive me, it's not my intention to collide against you, are you hurt anywhere, miss?" Kendra asked politely.

However, the moment the student raised her head and looked up; Kendra felt chilled in her heart.

Heart shaped birthmark on the middle of the forehead. Long yellow hair braided into a fish style. Bright topaz eyes. 5 feet 3 inches tall petite body and olive skin.

[Zelda…] Kendra mumbled in her head. But despite feeling shock, Kendra remains smiling politely and amiable on her face. 

"Oh, I'm fine, thank you for asking," Zelda Kikimorah said, standing up as she smiled, then she asked, "Hmm? Your face seems familiar, have we met before?"

Kendra raised her lips, smiling very softly. So gentle that it looks creepy. "Indeed, your face looks familiar as well, perhaps, we knew each other from another life?"

Zelda's smile deepened hearing what Kendra said. "That…I'm not certain, but just in case, let me introduce myself. My name is Zelda Kikimorah, what about you?"

"Just call me Miss Salamanca, it's a pleasure to meet you here coincidentally in the greenhorn building, Miss Kikimorah. Perhaps fate is working hard to make the two of us meet?" Kendra said probingly as she tilted her head to the side.

Zelda remained smiling as she nodded. "Indeed, perhaps the two of us are destined to become friends…? What do you think?" 

"That's a very wonderful idea," Kendra beams with brightness, mimicking Faye's bubbly tone.

Zelda tilted her head to the side. "Then…"

"Oh…forgive me Miss Zelda, I would love to chat more with you, but I still have an urgent business to attend to," Kendra said as she interrupted, pulling her brows together appearing a little troubled and regretful. 

"Oh, that's fine. I hope we can talk with each other again?" Zelda asked in a hopeful voice.

Kendra smiled softly. "Of course, with tea and cookies, I suppose…" Kendra mumbled as she started walking away, waving goodbye at Zelda like a queen to her minion.

As soon as Kendra disappears, Zelda's face contorted to an ugly expression. "That slut definitely returned to the past, tsk, this is going to be troublesome," Zelda said, biting her fingernails from anxiousness.

But it soon changed to a wicked smirk. "Whatever, at least that slutty idiot still has no idea that I was the one who caused her to die," Zelda muttered to herself as she walked away, thinking how Kendra still acted friendly towards her.