Volume 2 - The Beginning of the End| 66: Rule of thumb.

A small rabbit with red fur and ruby eyes jumps up and down in the flower field.

My eyes widen as I run. "Pula!"

But a whirlpool of darkness materialises in the middle devouring the place in one whole, including the red rabbit with white horns. I screamed, crying out Pula's name as I dash even faster to the red rabbit. And before the shadow swallowed Pula in one piece, she turned around, giving me a sad smile.

"Go home," Pula mumbled softly as darkness swallowed her whole.

My eyes widened in horror, screaming her name. "Pula...!" I burst my eyes open, sitting up as I breathed heavily.

[Mortal? What happened?] Bakunawa transmitted to my head worriedly.

I wrinkled my tunic shirt near my chest, feeling my heart rate running so fast. Sweat is oozing out of my pores. My skin is moist and clammy.

I furrowed my brows, looking in a half state trance at the darkness before me. I swallowed with my lungs still out of breath. "Nothing, just a nightmare," I replied with a raspy voice.

[Well, how about you come out and have fresh air?] Bakunawa suggested.

I turn my head left and right around me. The void surrounding me is reminding me of that dream. I grabbed the lamp beside me as I stood up.

"Okay, I'll come out now, I'm done reading anyway," I mumbled, carrying the backpack behind me.

[My mouth is open, you just need to walk out and exit.] Bakunawa informed me.

I hooked the lamp on the white blade, then I gazed down at Pula's body covered with the white fabric.

My brows creased, reaching out to the pink rabbit with my left hand, picking her up as carefully as I could. I have no idea why I dream of Pula in that way, but I don't like it. Well, it probably means nothing since it's just a dream.

I sighed, walking to Bakunawa's mouth.

Anyway, my goal right now is Pula's funeral. The matter about Saint Agatha and Joan. And last but not the least, I have to finish my revenge once I go back to Nilad City. After that, I'll go back to the academy. To find the meaning of my last conversation with Pula.

After discovering that Kendra might be a soul wanderer like me. I'm also interested to get to know and to meet Kendra again. Since Kendra and I might be the same kind in this alien world, I feel curious about who the soul is in the protagonist's body. After all, that soul was the one who led me to the forest and taught me how to sense mana. I owe that soul a huge favour for bringing Pula in my life.

Really, that's all the reason. I'm not returning because I feel embarrassed about the handkerchief.

Furthermore, I'm kind of wondering how Cliopatra is doing in the academy. The last time we parted, we got into a heated argument. That brat is a handful, but I think she isn't a bad person. I just don't know why she hates monsters so much.

Hopefully, I could find the time to talk with Cliopatra again. In addition, I also wanted to warn her about Emilia Iscariot, and send a secret warning message to the aristocrats about the plans of the rebel army in the kingdom.

I just don't want other innocent people to become a victim of this rebellion. It's not a funny experience. Also, this is also another form of revenge against that slug man and to his organisation.

When everything is settled down. I will go become a hermit in a faraway forest. Or just travel the world if I'm bored.

So, even if I know that there is a way to go back, I have no plans in returning to my original world. Especially with the chaotic state I'm in. I'm fully aware that I'm not as harmless as I was before.