Volume 1 - The Inception| 26: Wandering around back and forth.

Kendra and I walk back together to the academy. We didn't rush and we just took our time walking slowly. Sometimes we're just walking in silent peace, and sometimes we would talk about random stuff. Like what classes would be the best to take as first years, and what to expect in this academy.

Talking to Kendra made me feel like I'm living my normal life again. Like I'm not in a magical world full of whatnots, and instead, I feel like we're just two first year students about to embark on a typical academy life. Kendra had a way of making me feel at ease and comfortable.

Among everyone I met so far in this world, Kendra is undeniably the most normal, and I like normal. Normal makes me feel at ease.

After walking for a few more hours, we finally made it back to the academy.

Kendra turned to me as she tucked her platinum hair behind her ears. Her ocean blue eyes gaze at me then she smiles. "Thank you for accompanying me to the forest," she said.

I smiled back and said, "I should be the one thanking you instead, I had a wonderful time, and I learned and discovered mana, plus..."

I stared down at Pula in my arms. Having someone by my side that solely belongs to me, and not to this body, eases the alienation in my heart. I feel comforted by Pula's presence, and I don't feel so alone anymore. A warm smile forms on my lips as I stroke Pula's bunny ears.

"If it weren't for you I probably wouldn't have met this little fellow," then I turned to look at Kendra again and sincerely said, "so thank you."

"I see, that's a relief then, considering how much I made you walk with me," Kendra replied, looking down, but she looked up again then smiled lightly. "Anyway, if you have any questions regarding mana and magic, feel free to come to me."

I nodded at her and said, "thanks, and I also need to return your handkerchief, so I'll be looking for you again when I finally wash it clean."

"Mm, alright," Kendra replied and nodded.

I nodded back and didn't respond since I don't know what else to say. So we ended up just staring at each other in awkward silence.

I grabbed the back of my neck then smiled embarrassedly. "Well, I guess I'll see you around?" I said.

"Yes, see you around," Kendra replied, smiling back.

I nodded at her then we just stared at each other again. We remained motionless to where we stood.

I cleared my throat awkwardly then said, "I'll be going back to my dormitory."

"Alright, I'll go back to my room too," Kendra said as she nodded.

I nodded back at her. Kendra nodded back at me.

Seriously, how many times did we just nod our heads to each other? I have already lost count, and this is getting more awkward as time passes.

I bit my lower lip lightly as I held Pula tighter to my chest. "Then I'll go on my way now?" I mumbled in a faint voice.

"Yes, I'll go as well," Kendra replied, pressing her lips together awkwardly.

I nodded and then she nodded back. We blink at each other then we both start moving at the same time. She blocked me and I blocked her. I go left, she goes left. I go right, she goes right. That kind of scenario.

So we both stopped and stared at each other again. That's when I noticed that Kendra also felt awkward with the situation. I guess Kendra is also not good with goodbyes.

That thought made me smile and I snorted, laughing. Which also made Kendra chuckle as well, covering her mouth elegantly.

"Sorry, why don't you just go first," I said, giving way to Kendra.