Volume 2 - The Beginning of the End| 63: Nothing to feel guilty about.

Joan is smoking, and Saint Agatha is watching me. I stared at them gratefully; the kind of face that isn't ill-intentioned but more business-like and formal.

"Once again, thank you for helping me," I said, using a tone I usually work with when I'm managing people that aren't my friend nor my enemy.

"Told you not to mention it, kid," Joan replied, exhaling a smoke, grinning helplessly.

Saint Agatha nodded with her expressionless face. I nodded, still with a business-like face looking formal but casual. Neither friendly or unapproachable.

"Well, I know that the two of you need something from me," I said to them.

Joan glanced at me with a little surprise in her face, hanging her mouth open as the smoke came out of her mouth. Saint Agatha remained calm and expressionless, but she still averted her eyes.

Silence hangs between us aimlessly.

My eyes narrowed slightly at this.

Sure enough, they indeed needed something and had other intentions in helping me. This explains their willingness to assist with my revenge.

I don't mind this, at least, they didn't try to scum me or deceive me. They also didn't use force and instead tried to get on my good side. Nevertheless, I'm still not sure if their goals with me are good or not. My brows creased, feeling that everyone always has other intentions in approaching me.

Joan cleared her throat; a little awkward. "Ahem, kid, if you could hear us out then we'll explain it to you."

Saint Agatha nodded, staring at me with her expressionless face.

I sighed exhaustedly, pinching the bridge of my nose. "I don't mind hearing the two of you out, but..."

I walked to the couch, picking up Pula with my left hand as gently as I could; afraid that with one mishap, she would break. "I need to arrange Pula's funeral first, so I will have to ask the two of you to wait until then," I stated softly.

Joan and Saint Agatha both nodded understandably.

"I will pray for Pula's safe journey in the afterlife," Saint Agatha said in the gentle tone of an elder.

My stiff face softens hearing what Saint Agatha said. I smiled genuinely. "Mm," I hum in response, hugging Pula to my chest. "Thank you."

Joan cleared her throat, getting my attention.

"Ahem, my superior and I are staying in the same room where you first woke up in this mansion, so if you need help, don't hesitate to ask us," Joan said, puffing out a smoke.

I nodded as I replied in a soft tone. "I see, thank you."

"Then we'll be on our way, remember that you can ask us for help anytime," Saint Agatha said.

I nodded again. "I will keep that in mind, don't worry."

Saint Agatha nodded back with her expressionless face, then she looked at Joan and said, "let's go."

Joan waved goodbye, and I bid both of them farewell as they both left the room. Meanwhile, Alexandra and the two guards entered with dumbfounded faces as they saw the room.

The bloody guy is lying unconscious on a floor flooding with red sticky blood. The room also smells of rotten rusty metal.

The gladiator woman glared at them. "Who told you to enter? Go back and guard the room," she commanded.

The two guards nodded at the same time, walking out stiffly as they closed the door again. On the other hand, Alexandra stayed, looking at the scenery in the room.