Volume 1 - The Inception| 37: Different mindset, perhaps?

Perhaps we just have a different mindset. 

I'm not quite sure, but I couldn't really comprehend what Alexandra was saying. 

In my original world, having ambitions or grand goals are considered ordinary. Actually, people would maliciously judge those who don't have dreams rather than those who have. Yet here, it seems that having a grand goal is something not good for Alexandra.

Additionally, I don't think everyone has bad intentions in this world. Take Kendra for example. Or perhaps Faye. Cliopatra is also not bad either. And so is Emilia.

They're not entirely perfect, but everyone has a flaw, right?

At these thoughts, I turn to Alexandra with a timid smile. "Professor, I don't think everyone is like that," I said, refuting her words despite feeling scared in my heart. "I mean, some might indeed have bad intentions deep inside them, but I believe they also have goodness in their hearts, don't you think so as well?"

Alexandra clicked her tongue, shaking her head at me helplessly. "A wise man once said to me that the best teacher for a fool is experience," she said suggestively.

I stood up from my seat, feeling horrified as I opened my mouth. "I…I don't think that's a good idea…"

"Sit down lass, we're not done with this discussion yet," Alexandra said in a calm tone and an evil grin.

I gulped as I sat back down obediently. "Professor, I don't think experience is the best teac…"

"Did you not ask just now when will the training start?" Alexandra said, interrupting me.

"I…yes? No, I mean I did say yes, but I…"

"Don't worry," Alexandra interrupted again. 

"It's simple and easy," the red haired woman said comfortingly with her evil grin. 

Which didn't make me feel any better. I only felt that the worst was about to come. At that, I grew more anxious hearing the same phrase Alexandra always says, when she is making me do things that are totally not simple or easy. 

My brows pulled up together as I opened my mouth to protest, "but I don't think experience is the compatible teacher for me…"

Alexandra gave my shoulder a hard squeeze. It made me shut my mouth as I scrunch up my nose grimacing in pain. 

"Lass, I didn't want to resort to this, but you force me, it seems that you need to be taught a lesson, so I guess we'll find out if fools do indeed learn from experience, right lass?" Alexandra said, squinting her eyes with her evil grin as she squeezed my shoulder hard.

I wince from the pressuring pain, gritting my teeth hard as I endured the tight grip on my shoulder.

"Professor, I don't agree with you," I said, staring at her as I tried to endure the pressure she was putting on my shoulder. 

The grin on her face deepened. "I know you'll say that," Alexandra said as she tightened the grip on my shoulder even more.

My eyes widen as I groan in pain. "Why are you doing this?" I said in a grunted voice, looking at her beside me.

Alexandra let out a loud sigh, shaking her head helplessly, then she released her grip on my shoulder.

I took a deep sigh of relief, feeling the lightness of my shoulder again, stretching it around.

"Like I said lass, I feel responsible for accepting you as a student here in this academy. Moreover, you're my assistant now, you can't keep this attitude, it will not only bring you harm, but it will also bring harm to me, do you understand?"