Volume 3 - The Affairs of the Protagonist| 86: Nothing happened here.

When Kendra went back inside the cave; she saw that Emilia was awake, while Faye slept like a baby on Emilia's shoulder.

Immediately, Emilia woke Faye beside her.

"Faye, Kendra is back," Emilia mumbled beside her softly.

"Hmm?" Faye blink her eyelids, rubbing her eyes sleepily.

Afterwards, the three of them started having breakfast with the fruits that Kendra gathered when Kendra came back. While doing so, the three also discussed the strategy that Kendra laid out for them.

"There are only three teams from our S-Class left including our team. I suggest for the two of you to start on the east," Kendra said, eating the fruits in her hand elegantly. 

"Alright, then you rest well while we're away," Faye said, looking at Kendra.

Emilia nodded as she stood up. "Let's go, it's better to finish these things as soon as possible."

Emilia and Faye left, running to the east; they also think that they should start on the closer perimeter. 

After the two left; Kendra guarded the cave, manifesting an invisible light shield on the entrance, so no light or mana would come inside the cave except for hers.

This is all for the sake of the red Bellpepper monster, so it won't be able to use the light rays of the sun and spit fire all over the net-like vines that are restraining it. If that happens; it would only result in catastrophe for Kendra.

From daylight to night time, Kendra spent her time guarding inside the cave. Some participants, who would find their way near the cave, will instantly turn around and leave as soon as they sense Kendra's pressuring aura. So Kendra didn't find it that difficult to guard the cave alone.

The problem is when night time came and the two came back, building a bonfire inside the cave. Of course, as someone who is weak against fire, Kendra has no choice but to leave automatically. Although Faye and Emilia were both puzzled why Kendra is always in a hurry, they didn't question any further. After all, Kendra said to trust her, so they did.

Leaving the campsite at night, Kendra spends her time outside, helping other teams that Emilia and Faye haven't helped yet. 

This routine continued until day five of five ended. 

Every participant from the S-Class Greenhorn students all manage to complete the first task of the team cooking competition. On day 6; the only teams that manage to participate in the actual cooking are from Kendra's class, which is six teams in total.

"Ladies and gentlemen! What a lovely morning everybody. We all anticipated for this day to come. The finale for all mini competitions. All the sleepless nights of the participants and all the wishful thoughts are now happening in reality. The long wait is over. On behalf of our dearest dean master. I welcome all of you to the final act of the greenhorn mini competitions!" Matilda Degen announced.

The upperclassmen students on the tiered benches applauded and cheered.

"Now as your master of ceremonies, let me introduce myself once again, I am Professor Matilda Degen, an instructor of Melee Combat. So, without wasting any more time, let's now start the final day of the competition. Roll that drum!"

At that, the drumming resounded along with the blaring echoes of the boisterous upperclassmen students. Meanwhile, the participants went on to their positions. Kendra and her team are starting to prepare the ingredients. 

Inside her chest, Kendra could feel her thundering heart, bolting in anxiousness. Despite what she feels on the inside, Kendra plastered an amiable smile on the surface. Yet, Kendra felt her mouth twitch seeing Faye starting to prepare the woods needed to start the fire.