Newsies Q&A

Light drumroll, please.

"This is so unnecessary", Ike sighs, crossing his arms. "Why are we doing this?"

Because to you, I'm an omnipotent being. I can easily write you out.

"Yeah, yeah."

Anyway, hello! At this point, I'm still not comfortable giving you my legal name, so just call me Ferret.

"That's so dumb", Finch snickers, their hand covering his smile. Elmer deadpans.

"You're literally named after a bird."

"And it was your chosen name", Crutchie pointed out, a brow raised questioningly. Finch nodded and immediately backed down.

Before I was rudely interrupted, I wanted to let you guys know you have some questions.

"Where did we get questions from?" Davey moved closer to Jack, a slightly unsure look on his face.

From the people.

"The people?"

Yeah, the people that read about your lives.

"There are people that read about our lives?!"

"That's not exactly what I was expecting", Tommy Boy chuckles, shaking his head in disbelief.

"That's honestly pretty cool", Specs shrugs, ignoring the worried stares sent their way. Romeo patted their shoulder.

"People actually read about us", Jack mumbles, eyes wide in shock and in near disbelief. Davey shakes his head.

Blink walks into the room, lazily eating a bag of chips. "What are you guys talking about?"

"People read about us and we had no idea", Mush chuckles, making Blink raise a brow.

"Yeah, you guys didn't know?" Blink stuffs more chips into his mouth, chewing as everyone stared at him in disbelief. "I thought it was common knowledge. We just didn't talk about it."

"I...Wow", JoJo sighed, closing his eyes. Mike patted his shoulder comfortingly.

Not to stress you guys out, but I do have some questions...I was hoping you guys would answer.

"I'm down", Finch shrugged, crossing their arms. Ike nodded with him, ultimately deciding nothing could go wrong. "What's the worst that could happen?"

"Uh, she could swallow us all if we say the wrong answer", Henry pointed out, making his friends laugh. "Do you want to die?"

The boys snickered at the seemingly ridiculous assumption, hiding their laughter as best they can.

I'm not a cannibal, you're safe. Plus, I wouldn't eat you first.

"Well, that's not worrying", Davey mentions sarcastically, making Jack chuckle.

Wait, the Brooklyn Boys aren't here.

"What?"

Like, the Newsies in Brooklyn.

"Yeah, so what-"

Suddenly, they appeared: Myron, York, Graves, Bart, Hotshot, and Spot Conlon.

"Alright, I'll ask", Mike announces, his eyes closed and finger pointed upwards. "What the hell?"

I'm an author. If I wanted, I could add Jim Hawkins from Treasure Planet.

"Could you?" Everyone turned to Davey questioningly, either worried for his sanity or agreeing with him.