Speeches and Scars-My OCs

Okay, yes, they are OCs, which means you may not be intersted. But it was either them or Simmer and Jet.

Small backstory: Jet and Speeches come from a story I was going to write where Race and Davey get kidnapped but I scrapped it bc of lack of motivation. It was going to be so cool, but I couldn't write it and I thought Jet being a Joker-level psychopath was a little much.

Enjoy!

————————————————————

"Hey, Scars?" Speeches sighed as he looked another room, shaking his head at the loss of his boyfriend. He could only seem to find rooms filled with boys arguing and playing games—that, or sharpening their knives. But he didn't care. "Scars?"

He couldn't seem to find the boy anywhere, and at this point, he had to ask someone where he was. He didn't want to bother the others, but he was starting to worry.

He stopped in the doorway of one of the rooms, thankful his best friend was there. "Hey, have y-you guys seen Scars?"

"No, screw off", one of the boys—Checkers, was his name, and he was as mean as his game—snarled, going back to lighting his cigarette. He winced when Speeches' long time friend hit him on the head, making him smile.

"Be nice", Blackjack, or Blacks for short, warned, walking up to Speeches calmly. "Unless you don't want your fingers tomorrow."

Speeches grinned when the older boy hugged him, both of them laughing quietly. They were the best of friends, have been since they met. They protected and respected each other, but Blacks just happened to get more of that from the other boys. "Where h-have you been?"

"Around", Blacks shrugged, a small grin on his face. "Jet asked me to go to Flushing for a while, sell there until I piss someone off."

Speeches hummed, nodding as he pulled away. A slight smirk on his face as he lowered his voice and asked, "Have you s-seen, uh, Flashes yet?"

Blacks rolled his eyes fondly, shrugging nonchalantly. "Maybe."

Speeches giggled, knowing exactly what that meant. Blacks had a girlfriend in another Burrough, one that he wasn't supposed to have. If he got caught, they would be in serious trouble. "How is she?"

"She's good", Blacks assured quietly, making sure Checkers couldn't hear. "Tired of us having to sneak around, though."

"Maybe if Jet w-would pull up h-his p-p-pants and end this Burrough war", Speeches muttered, rolling his eyes. "I-It's so stupid."

"Yeah", Blacks agreed, deciding he didn't want to talk about it. A lot went wrong during that time, and it was still a pretty sore subject. He cleared his throat and returned to his smile. "Did you need something?"

"Uh, yeah", Speeches nodded, ignoring the subject change. "Have y-you seen Scars any-anywhere? I'm tr-trying to find him."

"Um, yeah", Blacks nodded, furrowing his brows in thought. "He just came back from Brooklyn, I think."

Speeches sighed in relief, knowing his boyfriend was fine. "Thanks."

"Yeah. Go find him, okay? I gotta set up before Jet starts throwing things."

Speeches chuckles and kisses his best friend on the cheek before walking away to the bunking quarters. He could only hope Scars was in there, seeing as it was the only place he hadn't looked. He was probably just resting. Brooklyn is a pretty tough Burrough to go through.

He walked into the room, looking at every bunk. Scars often switched beds out of just pure spite, and he wasn't one to enjoy growing attached to things. So, Speeches made sure.