It's Always a Competition-Fenry

Finch x Henry! Hinch? Fenry? Idk lol

This ship is slowly becoming one of my favorites, mostly bc I'm here for the nerdy bad boy x goofy nice guy trope. Actually, I'm a sucker for it. (If you couldn't tell by my love for Javid and Ravey).

Anyway, why not some flirty Henry for the soul?

Enjoy!

————————————————————

Finch lay on Henry's lap, eating chips. His eyes were trained on the movie in front of him. They hummed as Henry tan a hand through his curls mindlessly, reading a book.

"Hey." Henry looked down, smiling softly. Finch still looked at the TV. "Why are you always touching my hair?"

Henry hummed, shrugging. "Because."

"That's not an answer."

"If you want a real answer, you'll have to ask for it."

Finch groaned in frustration. "You know I hate asking for things."

"And you hate begging so much more", Henry pointed out, making Finch roll their eyes. It was true; Finch didn't like asking for anything. They liked proving they were independent. "But, I want you to ask."

"Why?"

"Because it's nice."

Finch rolled their eyes and turned to face Henry, looking deep into his eyes. "Fine. Henry, why do you enjoy running your hands through my hair?"

Henry hummed, combing his hand through the curls softly. "Because it's soft."

Finch smiled, still staring into his boyfriends eyes. "And it's curly."

Finch closed his eyes and hummed, content in his position. Henry shook his head fondly, admiring the look on Finch's face. He looked so beautiful like this, peaceful.

Henry bunched some hair in his hand, a small smirk sliding onto his face. "And..."

Finch gasped just as Henry placed his lips on their's, causing him to immediately melt into him. There was a warm feeling moving through himself, from their chest to their stomach. It felt nice, almost as nice as Henry's lips.

But he was teasing him, and this was just the beginning.

Henry pulled away abruptly, leaving Finch to rush for air as he was brought back to reality. "You make funny noises when I pull it."

Finch felt his face redden as he stared at the ceiling, attempting to grab his thoughts just as Henry went back to his book, straight faced like nothing happened. They held onto their chest from shock, trying to make sense of everything.

What the hell?

——————

Henry whistled his way through the theater, carrying a large prop Medda was going to use in one of her plays. She asked all the boys to help, and Henry found himself and Finch to be the first on the job.

He groaned as he placed the prop on the stage, dusting his hands off with a proud look. That statue was difficult to carry, but he was definitely proud of himself for carrying it all the way to the stage. He proved himself to himself.

"Hola, bonito", a certain voice greeted, making Henry smiled. He turned around and faced his boyfriend. "¿Trabajas duro?"

"I don't know what that means", Henry pointed out, walking toward Finch. They grinned and met him halfway, eager to have him in their arms. Henry wrapped his arms around Finch's neck just as Finch wrapped his arms around Henry's waist. "You know that."

"Sí", Finch agreed, a sly smile on his face. "Pero todo son cosas buenas."

Henry hummed, glancing from Finch's eyes to their lips. "Vous êtes vraiment jolie."

"Ah- see? You're giving me a taste of my own medicine."

"Tes lèvres sont si pink et perfect et je veux t'embrasser tout le temps."

Finch felt his face blush, licking his lips as he avoided eye contact. "And, and what does that mean?"

Henry hummed as he shrugged, a knowing look on his face. He grabbed Finch's chin and forced them to look in his eyes, a charming grin on his face. "Cela signifie que vous êtes très mignon lorsque vous êtes agité."

Henry chuckled and kissed his boyfriend's nose, walking away and leaving him to stand in his embarrassment.

——————

Finch had had enough of this.

He was supposed to be the flirty one. It was almost his job. If Romeo wasn't Romeo, then they would've taken the claim. He was just that good.

They sauntered up to Henry, a smirk on his face, and grabbed him by the shirt, pulling him down to kiss his lips softly. "Hey, Hen."

Henry sighed, rubbing the wrist of the hand on his shirt. He pulled away slightly, pecking his boyfriend's lips softly. "Hi, Finny."

Finch smirked, placing himself in Henry's lap. "How are you?"

"I am wonderful", Henry replies, grinning. "Almost as wonderful as you."

Dammit. Finch nodded, keeping his blush down. "I'm sure you are far more amazing than I am."

"Now, baby, we both know that's not true", Henry chuckled, pulling Finch closer to him with his arms. "You are so talented, and confident, and amazing-"

"Okay, okay, I get it", Finch huffed, rolling his eyes and a blush rose onto his face. "You win."

Henry chuckled, kissing Finch's hand. "I'll let you win next time."

"You won't have to", Finch mumbled, a small smile growing in his lips. Henry hummed and nodded.

"And why is that?"

"Because I'm going to win", Finch whispered, getting closer to Henry's face until their lips brushed together, making Henry expect what he wanted but not getting it. Finch chuckled lowly and pulled away, hopping off of Henry's lap and walking away.

Henry took a deep breath, throwing his head back as a blush covered his face.

——————————————————————

Shockingly, this was under 1000 questions (I meant words and you all know it/j).

GUYS I NEED QUESTIONS! I'm trying to write a Newsies Q&A and I really need some Qs. @Broadway_Crackers gave me one a few days ago (thank you, btw) but she's been the only one. Don't be afraid to ask! I won't bite, I swear.

Anyway, this was very fun. I'm probably going to write more Henry, Buttons, and Finch (mayyyyybeeee some Tommy Boy added) in the near future.

Thanks for reading!