Davey's Birthday-Javey, Les

I was lying in bed, thinking about how I don't know how to reply to an email that replied to my email when I thought "Oh, fruck! It's Davey's non-canonical birthday!" so I'm back here to post the chapter.

Anyway, enjoy!

—————————————————————

Davey awoke with a gasp at what sounded like gunshots to his sleeping ears. His eyes were as wide as saucers and his heart raced with adrenaline at the sight of his brother marching around his room and hitting a spoon against a pot. "Les!"

"Good morning", Les sang, ignoring Davey's distaste for the loud, less-than drum. "Happy birthday, old man!"

Old man was a nickname given by the annoyingly sassy brother, and it had unfortunately stuck with Davey for his entire life. But now that he was 23, he was starting to understand what Les was talking about. "Stop that!"

"Only because it's your birthday", Les compromised, throwing both the pot and the spoon into the floor. Davey sighed, still exhausted.

"What are you doing here?"

"Jack let me in! He's in the kitchen right now, actually", Les answered quickly, watching as Davey pulled the covers away from his body and swung his legs over for his feet to meet the floor. "Gee, bet you're excited to see me."

"Yeah, yeah, yeah."

Davey tan a hand through his hair and followed the smell of food like a cartoon rabbit, the smell wafting closer and closer and smelling even better. I had no idea Jack could cook like this.

He knew Jack could make things for himself—grilled cheese, few breakfast items, toast—but he swears he smells some of his favorite things, making his birthday all the more excessive. "Jackie?"

Jack looked over and grinned wide, moving from the stove to his boyfriend and planting a short kiss onto his lips. "Hey, Davey. Happy birthday."

Davey chuckled, grabbing Jack's hand in an act of comfort, and looked at his kitchen. "Why are you in my house?"

"Gee, bet you're excited to see me", Jack rolled his eyes, making Davey laugh as he pulled them back into the kitchen.

"You sound like Les."

"Yeah, yeah, yeah", Jack shook away, busy flipping an omelet. "But you are excited to see me, right?"

"Of course", Davey gushes, placing a kiss into Jack's hair. He couldn't remember a time he wasn't excited to see his boyfriend, even when before they were that. It was always an adventure with Jack. "I'm more surprised, though. I feel like a little kid on Christmas."

"Can I be your present?"

"Jack."

"Yeah, I knew it wasn't gonna happen as soon as it came out of my mouth."

Davey giggled as he wrapped his arms around Jack's neck from behind. He placed his head on the shorter's shoulder and stayed as close to him as he could without hurting his back. "So, what do you want to do for your birthday?"

"I don't know", Davey sighed, listening to the footsteps he assumed must've been Les', going back to his room. "I can't leave Les alone since my parents are on a business trip."

"Leave him with your sister."

"Why are you so adamant about kicking out my brother?"

"Because there are other things I am so much more adamant about."

Davey chuckled and stood quietly, watching Jack make their breakfast pretty. He'd stacked the toast a certain way and added peppers to the omelets. He even made the cups of orange juice pretty, by placing actual oranges on the rim of the cup. "Voilà! Et le petit déjeuner est servi."