What Fate Did To Us

Sorry I haven't updated in a while! I just had stuff to do, and I almost forgot about this story to be honest with you😅. Anyway, this chapter marks the very beginning of the Reader x Sting portion. Enjoy!

"Sorry guys. I really wanna see this next match, but I can't. My father is in town and I can't ignore him." you say in a sad tone. It would be nice to see Elfman crush that drunk like a bug, after what he did to Cana, but your father is... something else.

They have the same expression of sorrow on their faces, but they understand, and let you go. "I'll see the next one I promise." you wave to them as you leave.

You rush out of the arena halls and hail a carriage to take you to the center of the city. The ride was so bumpy, you began to get motion sick, and you could have sworn that Natsu would have died. At least that made you smile today.

When the carriage stopped, you thanked him and hopped out. You looked around for your father. You didn't really want to see him. He somehow won custody over you when your mother left.

"______!" Someone clamps their hand on your shoulder and you shriek, grabbing the hand and twisting it. When you turn around and see a man in pain, you feel guilty.

"Oh sir I'm so sorr-" the man puts his head up and it's your father. Your deadbeat cheating father. "Oh it's you, so it's ok." You shrug glaring at him.

"Ow _______! You have gotten stronger." he rubs his sore hand as a woman who couldn't be more than 30 came rushing to his side.

"Oh honey! Did this slut hurt you?" She directs most of that to you. Did she really just call you a slut? Your eye twitches and you are about to teach her a lesson when your father speaks up.

"No Felicia, this is just my daughter ________." He smiles like he's proud of you. Felicia covers her mouth and starts to apologize.

"Oh I'm so sorry I didn't kno-"

"Save it you whore." you cut her off. Ya it was a little harsh, but your pretty sure that she doesn't sleep with a different person every month, so you couldn't call her a slut. "I see you caught another poor fish in your trap dad."

"Hm?" Then he immediately tries to change the subject. "How's your mother? I'm sure you've seen ______ at some point right?" He says sincerely.

You can't take anymore of this bull crap. "You have no right to say my mothers' name! You have no right." you scream at him. "And how many girls have you had since I last saw you dad? 30? 50?" You started to make a scene, people were staring at your little outburst. "Til death do you part. That's what you said to mom. You'd love her in sickness and in health. That's the promise you made to mom, to me! And you threw her away!" He tried to interject, but you cut him off. "I don't want to see you ever again! Have I made myself clear?"

"Crystal." he lowers his head in shame. Fumming mad, you decide to walk all the way back to the arena.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

"So that jerk wanted both Lisanna and Mira?" You asked your guild mates that were in the infirmary. "What a despicable man." You huff.

"Ya, but Elfman came through in the end!" Natsu held a thumbs up, and you couldn't help but catch his contagious happiness.

"Look's like you'll have to go back in Wendy." Elfman wheezed.

"Right!" Wendy replied and you rubbed her head.

"You'll do great kiddo." you smile. "Common guys. Let's leave Elfman alone. He needs his rest." You hurry everyone out of the infirmary so that lady doesn't yell at you.