A Promise Is Kept; A Family Is Heartbroken

Hey Minna-san! This is going to be a very long chapter. I hope you like it! More 'x Sting' moments coming up! Enjoy!

You wake up to the sound of people talking. That always wakes you up. You turn over to the source of the voices and see Mira and Levy. Your eyes close again, and when your brain finally registers it, you bolt up into a seated position. "Mira? Levy? How'd you find me?"

They giggled. "We followed you home because master wants everyone to train early in the morning to warm up for the games." Mira said handing you some bacon.

"But I'm not participating." You said sleepily. You looked at the clock and it was 4 a.m.? "And it's too early! I need my beauty sleep! I don't know about you, but I don't wake up flawless." you gesture to the birds nest you call hair.

"He said all members. That includes you _______. Hop to it!" Levy dragged you out of bed and to your bathroom so you could wash up.

After that, you got your strapless light and dark green with a hint of turquoise summer dress that went down over your knees. Then you went back into the bathroom to put your hair in a side ponytail, letting it hang over your shoulder. The last step is makeup. You put on some light pink lipstick, and black mascara. "Alright let's go." you yawn.

"That took less time than I thought _______." Levy said opening the door for you.

"Thanks?" You said for the door and the getting ready thing.

"Off to the arena!" Mira said in a narrorator voice.

"The arena?!" You whined. Maybe you could sleep on the way there.

(TIMEY SKIPPY)
.
.
.
You fell asleep on Lucy's lap during the carriage ride, and you don't know if she was ok with it or not. "Wow. She looks so peaceful when she's asleep." Gray whispered rather loudly.

"I can't sleep because of all these bumps." you say in the most annoyed tone, you're sure he flinched. You still didn't open your eyes. You can be asleep while hearing things and still understand them.

"Then can you get off me please?" Lucy asked. You could tell she was trying to be polite, so you got off her lap and leaned against the wall.

"I'm going to kill the master." you grumble. You are definitely NOT a morning person.

Soon the carriage came to a stop, and you tiredly stepped out and headed for the doors of the arena. You all filed in and spread out across the sand, grabbing a buddy or two. "Hey _______, wanna be my partner?" Gray said taking off his clothes.

"Sure, but I'm already in a bad mood right now, so I would advise you not to say anything remotely offensive." you cracked your knuckles.

"Love rival!" Juvia growled behind you. You were so sick and tired of that you turned around and stared the fear of God into her.

"Juvia. I don't love Gray. Not the way you think I do. He's just a friend! Lucy sees him as just. A. Friend. Now leave us alone!" You scream at her. You were tired and you were cramping, you did not need a stalking love-sick puppy to bother you too.

"Ready?" Gray said. You nodded and got into a fighting stance. You were gonna let him have the first move.
"Ice make: shards!" He made a bunch of shards of ice flying towards you. You legit yawned and turned into your Angel Soul and flew out of it's range.

"Holy Lance!" You shout making a lance of golden light fly down towards Gray.

"Ice make: Sheild!" He tried to block your attack, but the light just breaks it and sends Gray flying back and landing on the ground hard.