Medicine

If you don't like sad stuff, you may skip, I'm just in a shitty mood rn so 👍🏻 (also, this is somewhat inspired by the song Medicine by Daughter)

Also, halfway through this I began to give up, so yeah

CW: angst, depression, anxiety, mention of sh, sh, mention of suicidal attempt, harsh language, mention of blood, death
—————————————————————————

Dream lived alone. In the pit of his own thoughts and brain, and that was dangerous itself. His best friend, Sapnap, would usually come by to check up on him. After Dream had a few losses in his family, all at once as well, Sapnap was a bit nervous to leave him alone.

Sapnap had a schedule, every Monday and Friday, he'd come by at 1 in the morning. Dream knew this as well and always waited for him. However, he was hiding things from Sapnap. Today, Friday the 18th or July, Sapnap pulled out Dreams key and unlocked the front door.

He smiled as he opened the door and walked in, shutting it behind himself. Dream sat there on the couch, curled up in a ball. He slightly lifted his head to look up at Sapnap. Sapnap grinned.

"I'm glad you're finally getting out of bed, I'm proud of you Clay." Sapnap said. Sapnap held up a bag of food. "I brought food this time, so you won't have to deal with my horrible cooking." Sapnap said, laughing at himself.

Dream hadn't been talking at all, not even a little chuckle. The least you'd get was the tiniest nod. He never slept either, he had the darkest bags under his eyes, and he looked dead.

"Did you take your meds this morning?" Sapnap asked. Dream looked at Sapnap and just stared at him. That meant yes. Sapnap smiled. "Good, did you take a shower?" Dream looked away. That meant no. "That's okay Dream, but don't forget one tonight, alright?" Sapnap said. Dream lightly nodded.

"Good. What about sleep? Did you sleep at all last night?" Sapnap asked. Dream looked at Sapnap. Lies. "I don't know if that's true or not, but I'm trusting you." Sapnap said. "Anyway," he said, taking a seat on the chair across Dream. He pulled out a box and handed it to Dream.

"I do want to watch you eat all of this though, can you do that?" Sapnap asked. Dream never looked up at him, he just stared at the ground, his chin rested on his knees, his arms wrapped tightly around his legs.

"It's not a lot, I promise, look." Sapnap said, grabbing the little box and opening it. It was salad, but only a little bit. "We are taking it one step at a time, alright?" Sapnap said. Drema stared at the food, his stomach roared at him.

"Okay?" Sapnap said. Dream quickly looked away, looking at it made him want to gag. "I'll eat with you." Sapnap said. He pulled out a big box and opened it. He pulled out two forks and placed one next to Dreams small box.

Sapnap held the other in his hand and began eating. Dream looked back at him and gaged. "Just a bite won't hurt, please, I don't like seeing you like this, and George wouldn't either." Sapnap said. Dream huffed at the name.

"Even George is trying to find a way down here, he's sickly worried about you." Sapnap said. "He's been calling me every single day, almost in tears because you won't answer his calls." Sapnap said. Dreams eyes started to tear up, the water sparkling from the light of sunlight.

"Okay how about this, take one single bite and then you're done." Sapnap said. "I won't bother you no more, just a tiny bite." He said. Dream snatched the fork and held it above the salad. His stomach groaned. "I'll do it with you, don't think about the food, don't even look at it, look at me take a bite." Sapnap said.

Dream stabbed the box, getting a bunch of lettuce on the fork. He quickly looked up at Sapnap. "On the count of three." He said. Dream gulped, tears threatening to pour out of his eyes. "One..." Sapnap said. "Two..."