Pt. 56: off market

Kara POV.

Today is Lena's monthly check-ups with her gynecology and I definitely can't hide my excitement. Walking in Catco with a big smiles plastered on my face and still smiling during the morning meeting that last for three hours, everybody looking at me wired. Yes, that meeting doesn't went really well but I don't care. All I think about is Lena's appointment with her gynecologist and update about her pregnancy. James notice that I can't stop smiling and decide to talk about it after the meeting.

"The fact that the meeting was quite intense, and you look like a kid just got out from a candy store."

"Maybe I just had extra cup of coffee before the meeting."

"I know you for years, Kara. That isn't the reason. Wanna tell me the real reason or I'll keep guessing?"

"Really James. I don't know. Maybe I woke up and choose happy. Though some people choose violent." I do feel guilty for not telling James the whole thing and he's right, we've been friends for years. I should not keep anything from him but this whole 'Luthor' thing and Lena's pregnancy have to be a secret at the moment. Less people knows, the better. He knows eventually. Just not right now.

"So it is involving someone. Who's that lucky guy who wins Kara Danvers heart?" James smirking even I can hear a tint of jealousy in his voice.

"Who said it was a guy?"

James lost his words for a moment. "It's... You..." He let out a simple laugh and congratulate me. "Congratulation Kara. I'm happy for you."

We let go from the hugging. "Thank you, James."

"Now I know why it is so hard to swoon you. I thought I'm bad at flirting."

"Awww, no James. You not bad at flirt. Just maybe not the right person. I'm sure you'll find someone better than me. I know your taste, buddy."

"You know my taste?"

"I mean, come on. Your ex is Lucy Lane! Don't make me sort the list out. I'm nothing like your exes, look at me, I'm a nerd. And don't you think I don't know about Lena Luthor."

"Wha- What about her?"

"You have eyes on her too."

"Who doesn't?! She's Lena Luthor, not just a genius, she's the whole package! She can wear anything, and still make guys nose bleed."

"Yeah? Have you seen her recently?"

"No, I haven't see her for months. Last time I saw her picture in L-Corp social media, and she looks so hot. Like I said, she can wear anything."

"Yeah? What is she wearing that time?"

"Three pieces' suit. Not showing any skin except her face and hands, still looking so hot."

"Yeah? You know why?"

"Why?"

"Her clothes, her attire, I design them. Also, she's off market."

"Really? I don't know you two are close."

I let out a huff. "You have no idea. We're closer than you think. Well, I have an appointment to attend, I'll see you around James."

"Alright, see you around."

I walking away past him. "She's off market James. The CEO is not available. Tell that to your buddies!"

Alex Pov

"Brainy, any update on Lex?"

"Unfortunately, no. This guy has been working in the dark since his last stunt."