Pt. 25: I wanna be like him

Alex POV

"Breakfast ready!! Kara... hurry up please..." I pour the milk in the cup and Kara come running with my old comic book.

"Alex, can I borrow your book? I like it."

"Where did you find that?"

"In the store. I think mom put it in there a long time ago since it so dusty when I found it."

"When did you find it?"

"Yesterday, when Sara went to buy dinner. I'm bored so I checked the store."

"Sara left you? Alone??"

"Yea, but she left me with a phone.. did she come again today?"

"Well today Nia will come to take care of you. Sara and I have some work to do. Promise me that you will be nice to her okay?"

"Okay..." she's drinking her milk and start reading the comic. "Someday I will be like him. A female version of Superman.."

"That's just a fictional character Kara... he's not real.."

"So is santa and yet I still got the presents..." eat her food.

"Eat up, Nia will be here soon. I have to go now. Remember, don't go anywhere without her. Call me or Sara if anything happens."

"Can I call mom?"

"That's the last person to call, but.. unless you can't contact me or Sara. Emergency only. Okay?"

"Okay..."

Kara POV
Nia arrived

"Nia, do you know Superman?"

"Blue suit, red cape... he's my favourite superhero!"

"Yes, mine too! Can you imagine if we can fly? We can go anywhere anytime... Fighting bad guys, then the world will be nice and peaceful."

"Awesome right... do you know what your sister do?"

"She told me she's a police."

"Well, kind of. She's also fight bad guys and bringing justice so this city will remain peace.  She is a superwoman."

"Cool..! So if she is superwoman, I am supergirl... Nia, do you know where I can get the suit...?"

"What suit?"

"A chef suit. No, of cause the supergirl suit silly..."

"I donno, but when I was a child, my mom made it one for me. Now it can't fit anymore since I grew up." I see her face frowning. "Why you looking sad...?"

"My mom never been home lately... Alex said she went to work early before I wake up and back home when I already sleeping. I wish my mom can be like your mom. We can spend time together..."

"Awww don't be sad about that Kara.. I believe whatever she's doing is for your own good. To keep you and Alex well fed and give you anything you want.."

"Really..? Anything I want?" Her face lit up.

"Anything... That's what mothers do... Do you mind if I left you for a while? I need to use the toilet." Actually, I want to check the cctv that I put to monitor L-Corp, L-Park and this house.

"Okay, I just going to nap.." I'm going to call mom later. Give Nia a smile before going in my room.

Lena POV

Today wasn't a busy day, I just had lunch my my grandfather earlier. I was thinking maybe I can finish checking the data earlier and go visit Kara. 

Still can't believe what's happening to her and Lex still out there. I will bring justice to Kara, no matter what it takes. I receive a call from Nia.

"Hello, Nia..."

"Lena, am I disturbing you right now?"

"No, not at all.. Is there anything I can help you with?"

"Ohh, I just want to tell you that I doing some test run about the cctv right now and it functioning well. Nice shirt by the way."

"Thank you.. I assume there are 2 camera in my office?"

"5 actually... Including on your balcony... I need to go check on Kara now, she's taking a nap, and I think I need one too right now.."

"Oh, I was thinking to go there today. See you two later..."

Right when I ended the call with Nia, I have another call. This time from Kara. I see her name, I pick up immediately.

"Kara, hi

"Kara, hi...." can't help but smile. I miss my friend..

"Hi mom..."

Mom, right... I'm currently a mother now, still so awkward.

"Mom, what time are you coming home today?"

"Soon enough.. Why Kara? Is everything alright? Why are you whispering..?"

"Nia think that I'm sleeping right now. Mom, can I have a supergirl suit..? Nia said when she was a child,  her mother made one for her.."

"Supergirl? Like supeman?"

"Yes! Yes!! Blue shirt and a red cape and skirt.."

"A pyjamas?"

"No, a suit silly... Nia said every superheroes have their own suit..." she giggles.

"I see what I can do... I'll see you later Kara..."

"Bye mom.. I love you!" Awwww she's cute!

"Love you too buddy..." I hung up and call Eve to come in my office.

"Yes Ms. Luthor..."

"Eve, I need you to help me fine a suit.."

"A suit.. May I know for what occasion? What colour or you have any specific about that suit?"

"That's the problem. I need it to be a blue shirt and red skirt.. A size bigger than me."

"Shirt and skirt? I thought you said a suit.."

"A something, I don't remember what that super name, but she wear a blue shirt and red skirt..."

"You mean a superhero suit?"

"Yes! Superhero.."

"Blue shirt, red skirt? I guess it will be like a female version of Superman..?"

"Yes! Supergirl! That's right."

"When do you need it Ms. Luthor?"

"Now? Because I'm going home early today..."

"A supergirl suit coming right up!"