Pt. 11: Food (1)

Kara pov

"Alex, you've promised not to be late.. It's Saturday, we only have time until 4pm before I get to work." She's on the way to pick me up to go to work. I've already told her that I can go to L-Park by myself but she insists. Now here we are, arguing and I missed my lunch because she had a breifing about new mission blaa blaa blaaaa. She owes me a meal.

"Yea I know. Now stop babbling and come down here.." when she sees me, she put the helmet on my head because she said I will not wear it correctly but honestly she just love me, and I love my sister too.

"I am sorry..."

"Yeah, I missed my lunch and I could eat a panda right now..!"

"Why would you want to eat a panda? I  can get you some food."

"Because its cute and you're not. You owe me a meal tho."

"Yeah whatever Kara, let's get you to work." Alex drive us as fast as she can with her superbike. Luckily I have used to her way of driving. "I pick you up later.. see you.."

James pov

There she is. She came with her sister today, that's mean I can offer her a ride back home tonight. Just after Alex pat Kara's head, she drives off and I walk straight to Kara.

"Hey Kara.."

"Hi James... sorry I couldn't attend yesterday..."

"No, that's okay.. we got it covered. Hey, uhh, later during the recess time, I was thinking that maybe we can go eat together? My treat, no worries.."

"I uhh, actually Alex is gonna come back later to bring me food because she made me missed my lunch today but thank you, James.."

"It's fine.. maybe next time.. hey, how about I buy you coffee right now, you said you've missed your lunch.."

"Yeaa, great!"

Kara pov

Oh James, 1st rest together, 2nd coffee. Maybe he'll ask me to let him send me home later and I will have to make another excuse again. How else to make him understand that we are not going to be more than friends. He is a good man, but that's it. I don't have any feelings for him to be more than friend.
While walking, I saw a car passing by and it reminds me of Lena. It's Saturday, she's definitely not working today.

"Hi, Winn... how are you? Where's my position today?"

"Hey Kara.. I am good, thank you for asking and you're at spinning cup. Why, what's wrong?"

"James...."

"I see... Well, I can only try to talk to him, but it's dependent on him whether to let you go or keep on chasing you... as far as we know, he's not getting tired just yet..."

"That's why... Speaking of getting tired, when is my break time? I feel soooooooo hungry! Alex missed our lunch again and I nee....." someone else interrupt and we both looking at that person.

"Food? I heard you said hungry so, you must need food. So, food? Why are you guys looking at me like I have 2 heads or 3 eyes or something?"

Lena, she's here so I wasn't dreaming or hallucinating caused by hunger. Big green eye, pointy nose, red lips, straight hair, wow my boss is something else I might say. Winn start to reply to her first before it seems like cat get my tongue.

"Good evening Ms. Luthor, is there I can help you with?"

"Evening.. Thank you Winn, but I just walking around just to see what the differences between weekdays and weekends look like."

"If you need anything you just can find me, I will be happy to help. Excuse me, I have to go first and Kara you still have 10 minutes before work. Eat something first before your break time."

Of course he has to left me gere alone with the CEO. "Alright Winn.." I turn to look at Lena,

"Hi.."

"Hi.. So, when is your break time?"

"A..About another an hour and ha..half..." damn Kara, talks like a normal people can you?

"Are you stuttering because of hungry or shy?"

Way to go Kara, she noticed it. "Never meet the CEO regularly so, can I say nervous? And shy.." I try to look at the other way and my finger play itself and Lena is smiling.

"Get use to it Kara. Next time we meet, don't be nervous.. I'm just a normal people. So, who are you going recess with?"

"No one... I don't know..."

"Great. Can I come with? Only if you don't mind."

"Of course! I mean, yes of course you can. But, you can come with me?"

"Why I can't?"

"Because you are the boss and I'm just a part time weekend staff..."

"Then what's the problem? Like I said Kara, I am also a normal people. Okay, just take this as a friend come to visit and catch up. I am not your boss today, off duty.. okay?"

"Okay, deal..." she really is nice, thank god I didn't lie straight to James about the recess.

"Deal.. I will wait for you at that thumb print okay? See you later.." she walks away and leaves me blushingly speechless.