Pt.12: food (2)

Kara pov

I hurried up to the thumb print near my area just in case Lena will be there early. As expected, she is early. Wearing a baseball cap now, maybe just to disguise because the weather not that hot today.

"Sorry to keep you waiting.."

"No, I just got here early.. let's go.."

At the cafe

"It's Saturday, I thought you were not working during weekend.."

"It is true, I am not..."

"Then what are you doing here?" Slurping my drink.

"To see you." I almost.... almost spit my drink when I heard she said that.

"Are you okay?! Kara... take these tissues. " Cough for a few seconds "Thanks..."

Lena pov

Damn it Lena, don't be too straight forward. Maybe she's not the only one who nervous.

"I really am sorry, I was so straight forward when talking. Not really used to talk with other people except for business." Now she's laughing.

"Why are you laughing? You almost choked..."

"No, no its just, this is the second time we meet and I already embarrassed myself... and yea, you need to go out more.. learn how to talk.."

"To go out more, I agree but, I know how to talk so I don't need to learn the alphabet. Sometimes my lips move faster than my brain could process." I said with a little bit of ego, pretend of course, to lighten up the situation.

"And why is that?"

"Why is that what?"

"Why is that sometimes your lips move faster than your brain?" She raises her right eyebrow. Really Kara?

"I.. I.. I don't know... It's just happened, forget about it."

"Aaa hah! You stuttered! Are you nervous Ms. Luthor...?"

Damn this girl. "What? What stutter? I didn't stutter..."

"Usually people answer a questions with questions just to avoid answering the questions. Just admit it, you also nervous. Right?"

Now she's winking. How she knew psychology? She's friends with psychologists or what?

"Fine. You got me. Just a little bit nervous, that's all.. nothing else.."

"Why?"

"Like I said, I'm not really used to talk or chat with other people. For the past few years, I just talked about business.."

"Whatever you say Lena Luthor...."

"Ohh hush, eat your meal or I will put the ...."

"... food in my mouth..?"

"I just wanted to say whole cup of your drink so you can chock and shut up but yeah, food works too..."

"Yeah, please do that.. I love the food plus, someone paid for it..." we are laughing and continue eating.

James pov

While walking with Winn towards the cafe area, I noticed a car just like Lena's.

"Hey Winn, isn't this Lena's?"

"Red Audi, 17' inch rim, cool plate number.... maybe her's maybe not... How do I know whose car is it.. It can be anybody.. who cares..."

Few minutes later, I saw Kara at the cafe with a girl. No, that's not Alex. I move little bit to the side and I know that jawline. "Lena...."

"I told you, its Lena's... See..."

"A CEO needs to eat too James, so do we.."

"No, look whose with her."

"Kara..?" Now Winn notice Kara is with miss CEO. "Are they friends?"

"I  don't know, let's find out..."

"James, hey... let them eat there, we can just go to the other place.. Maybe they are in the middle of something,  let's not bother them..."

"A 'hi, how are you' doesn't seem like a  bother to me..." I walk straight to them and Winn follow my back. I see Lena is laughing. She always smiles but rarely laughs.

"Hey, Kara... Lena, how are you..? Didn't notice that you here.." I can see Kara's face tense a bit and start the conversation.

"Hi James.. Are you on your break time too?"

"Yea, Winn and I going to eat then we saw you.. Where is Alex?"

"Yeah, Alex... She texted me earlier, she said she have some new case today so she can't come to bring me food. Luckily I bumped with Ms. Luthor, she's hungry too.. " even with excuses, she's still cute.

"Yeah, why don't you two join us?"

Why Winn has to cut me before I get to speak. "Uhh thank you for the offer Ms. Luthor,  but we are going to eat somewhere else. Right James?"

"Yes right, we do.. enjoy your meal..."

Kara pov

Dear god, why is James everywhere? Thank you Winn, for pulling him away for a moment. Now Lena starts asking questions.

"Alex was supposed to be here?"

"No. I just made that up earlier..."

"Why?"

"Long story short, James likes me. I don't like him like that so, I made an excuse when he asked me to go eat during break time together. I  just said that Alex will bring some takeout to eat together."

"I see... Have you tell him that you didn't like him that way?"

"I did, but looks like it doesn't work..."