Pt.6: why me?

The dinner night
Kara pov

Alex finished with her last touch of make up for her sister. "Aannddd you're done. I have to go early to check and set up the perimeter."

"Thank you." That's all that I say. I can see Alex furrow her eyebrow.

"What happen now? You don't like it?"

"No, I like it. Are you sure I can't tag along with you?"

Alex leans on the make up table "I see what's going on... Kara, it is just for tonight. Plus, you've promised to him to pick you up. Just be friend with him and he will understand. At the dinner, you can go talk to other people or make yourself look busy. I will ask to send you home with me in front of him. Better?" She rubs my shoulder.

I smile a little. That's why she is the best sister, always be there when I needed her. "Better. Now go before Jonn screams at everyone just to find you." She takes her keys and walks out. "Don't worry too much, enjoy your dinner party. See you tonight. "

Two hours later, James knock on my door and I open it. "You look beautiful, Kara..."

"You too Jimmy. Now let's go before we late."
When we arrive, I saw people start to crowding the hall. Many of new faces that I haven't seen before, must be from other departments. After about half an hour, I see Alex at behind of the stage and wink at me then James's phone ringing.

"They are not arrive yet? The party is about to start. Okay I will try." He looks at me. I know that is not a good news.

"what?"

"I need your favor."

Now here we are, behind the stage with the band to discuss which song  to entertain the guess and one of the crew comes running "you guys better hurry, the CEOS and vip have arrived." With furious face, I look at James.

"Why me?"

"Because I've heard everyone else singing and you're the best. Okay, I will do anything that you ask but please, help me with it.." he gives me a sheepish grin. I turn to the band "Locked out of heaven, Bruno Mars. Let's warm up the party."

I walk out to the stage and see a lot of people start to cheer and somehow, its kinda give me confidence to sing. The music starts playing and I know that's my que.

*just imagine she singing solo at start & blonde hair ;) *

While singing, I can help but catch a glimpse of the beautiful green eyes lady

While singing, I can help but catch a glimpse of the beautiful green eyes lady. Damn, only just by her green eyes, can shine the hall bright.

Who is s she? Maybe she's one of the VIPs by looking at her surrounding. Now, her eyes meet mine and I keep looking at her while singing. Suddenly, 3 more girls come on the stage and dance and sing backup and I feel so relief.