Pt. 41: God help me

Lena POV

Tomorrow Lex and his partner are going to launch and sell the drugs. I walk around the factory alone and his staff just look or walks past me. They are not bother to asking me why I'm here, maybe they know that I am Lex's sister so they let me go anywhere in here. While wondering around, I hear some noise. It's not a screaming for help kind of noise but it is definitely a screaming. I walk closer and follow the noise direction. A guy around 40s, wearing a lab coat just walks out of a room in front of me. 

"Correct me if I'm wrong but, you're Lex's sister right..?" He smiles while asking me. If I don't know better, I might think that he is a dentist.

"Lena Luthor." I confidently answered him.

"What a pleasure to finally meeting you. I am Richard Henry. Are you here to see our testimonials project Ms. Luthor?"

Testimonials project? I don't remember Lex tell me anything about it. Just play along, Lena. "Yeah, Lex asked me to come and check if you have made any progress Mr. Henry."

"It's actually my break time but I'll make it up later. Come follow me, this way. I heard and read many story about you. To tell you the truth, I  am impressed!"

He press the security code beside the door and I secretly looking. Who on earth put 1234 as their password?! He couldn't come out for a better password and yet he's working on a project. Once we enter the room, the noise is louder and gosh it's smells. He handed me a mask to cover my face.

"What is that noises..?"

"Well, that noises are our testimonials. Most of them are failed. Quick tip, don't run. You might be shock but you are safe. They are in their cell and securely locked."

"Are they wild animals? Because that noises are definitely not coming from a lab rat."

"No, they are not wild animals. They're just human.. and wild.. so they're basically wild humans."

"You're running a test on a human being?!"

"Lex's wants to see it perfectly work on human systems so he gets us some... well, human."

He press the button from his tablet and the blurry mirror becomes clear. He walking while explaining about the project but my feet stay still, my knees shaking, my lunch are begging to come out from my stomach. This is terrible, horrible. No, it's terribly terrifying! Lex, he is gone mad. Those humans are now monsters. Yes they still have human eyes but their body posture,  their skin are 70% change.

"What are they?"

"You might as well call them monsters, or zombies.."

"What's makes them become like this? You have the cure?"

"CPH2... and no medical are goingto cure them. I told Lex to just kill them but he said he have another plans for them. Somethinganout back up, I don't know..."

CPH2? Isn't it what they put on Kara's system? Oh my God, she's in danger! I need to warn them! But, why is Kara not turning into monsters like them?

"Those failed projects are from last year. This is from last month test. It's almost perfect. He's not turning into monsters, the drugs only affect his brain. The good news is we have the cure! I'll show you..."

He walks closer to the cell and when the project come near, he stick the needle and press the green liquid in him. The project slowly become normal and screaming to let him go.

"That's Pito..." he again, stick him with the blue liquid and he becomes mad and crazy. "That's the monster? See, science is beautiful isn't it."

"In deed. Thank you Mr. Henry, I'll let my brother know about this progress." I walks out from that room and back to the house.