Pt. 47: not the whole body

Grace POV

I heard some voices talking but my eyes were so heavy. After a few minutes, I regain my strength to try to wake up and now I recognize that voices. Kara starting to notice me awake.

"Lena, she's awake

"Lena, she's awake..." Kara tells Lena.

"Hey, how are you feeling...?" Holding my arm.

"Too bright right?" She switched off one of the light above my head "There you go..."

I immediately sit up straight on the bed and pulling both of them into my arms. I miss them, so much. Then, I remember that we're on a fight with Lex before we ended up wherever this place is. I check their physical from head to toe even teeth and ear to find if they had any injuries. I can tell they are a little bit shock, well, that's only because they have no idea who I am.

"Hey, hey.. It's okay. We're okay. We are fine. Grace..." Kara holds my hands and softly calls my name to calming me down. "That's your name is it? Grace..."

"Yes." I'm speechless.

"Good. My name is..." I cuts her speaking.

"Kara and Lena..." I look at both of them.

Lena is curious "Okay, how did you..."

I cuts her words "Can I have some water?" They are looking weird and speechless at me. "Please..."

"Right... Water..." Lena goes to pour some water and Kara is still looking at me like I have two heads or something. She is so funny and cute. "Here..." Lena gives me a glass of water and I drink it in just 2 seconds.

"More, please..."

"Okay..." Lena gives me another glass and finished it. I put down the glass on the table and slowly push Lena to the side and walking slowly to where Lena gets the water and drinks it straight from the jar. I don't care if they're find me weird but my throat is burning.

"It's either you really thirsty or you just like water."

Kara slowly slaps Lena's arm for saying that. "Lena, be nice... She saved us... I'm sorry, we actually not used to this kind of situation. She's also not very friendly before but she's learning..."

"I can tell. Don't worry, I'm used to it." I sit back on the bed. They're both says thank you but they don't know, I am more thankful for them being alive right now.

Kara starts first. "Hey, I wanna say thank you for saving our life and putting your life at risk out there..."

Lena added "yeah, what you did was such a major and brave move just to save some strangers. Tell me, what do you need, how much I can pay for your service? I also can double the amount from your current employer if you're working with us, helping me to keep her safe..." she points to Kara.

Kara objects "Lena, no. She's not working for us and don't bribe people. It's not nice. I'm sorry, Grace... She usually used to deal with her business partners, but yeah, just tell us if you need something or anything. We are really can't thank you enough for what you did."

I just keep on putting my straight face. After all that happened, I couldn't remember when is the last time I smile. "No offense but, I do not accept any payment. Especially from you two."

Lena jumps in "Okay, but do you accept a salary? Where's your salary came from? Who's paying you? Can I talk to your agency?"

"I'm freelancer. No one's paying me."

Kara cuts her "I guess she's meant to ask you about your work. What did you do for a living. Right, Lena?" She glares at Lena.

"What? Yes..." Lena let out a long sigh.

"Wow, young Lena is so whipped, and you still you... A sweetheart." I looks at both of them.

"So you knows us.. Do you mind to introduce yourself?" Lena asking.

"Sara didn't tell you?"

"She just said that you came from the future and she treats you like her family. Also, she told us that we knows each other." Kara said.

Lena added "I do have a feeling that I can trust you, and trust me, I don't trust people easily. I kind of, sort of like you." Kara looks at her. "No, not like her like that! I like you more, hell I love you. I mean..."

Kara pat her shoulder "I know what you mean babe. I do too. Its feel like we are close, like a family, just don't know each other yet."

"That's because we are."

"What?"

Right after that, Nia barges in with a gun in her hand pointing at me. "Guys! Get down!"

I use my speed to reach her "Nia don't!!"

A shot was fired. Alex and Sara running back from the cafe to the lab once Alex detects the gun shot. They barges in together with Caitlyn, Barry and Brainy after some tense situation.

She doesn't know who I am so I don't fight back. I just holds her attack. She's about to punch me but I hold her fists. "Nia, stop."

"I didn't tell you my name." She use her head to bump my head but it's not affecting me. "Ouch..."

Kara tries to pulls her "Nia stop it..! She's with us..."

"No, she's a robot! I will protect you and Lena. Go find Alex..."

"I am not a robot..." I tell her.

"You couldn't even get out from her grip..." Lena state.

"Not just yet." She knees me at my gut. My whole body's been augmented except that part so, yes, I  do feels the pain. That's when the rest of them comes in to see what happened and Sara rushes to me and pushes Nia aside.

"The fuck is wrong with you?!" Sara and Lena help me up and assist me back to my bed.

"What happened?! Kara? Nia?!" Alex ask.

"Grace just woke up so, we're just talking and then Nia came in..." Kara's tells her side of story.

"Sorry, we tried to hold her up..." Barry tells them.

"Then why there is a gun on the floor?"  Alex asks again.

"Because she wants to protect them." I telling Alex so she'll not mad at Nia.

"Protect them from who? There is no security breach warning."

Caitlyn answers "Protect them from her. Nia thinks she's a cyborg after we explained to her about Grace."

"Nia, she's not a villain. She's with us. Try to listen more next time." Alex convinced her.

"I'm sorry..." Nia apologises and come to shake my hand.

"It's okay. I'll do the same too..." still recovering.

"Your whole body's a metal but you still feel the pain? I don't understand how physics works right now..." she's thinking.

"Well, not the whole body..."