Pt. 33: Not a poison

Next morning
Lena POV

"What color do you want it to be Ms. Luthor?" Steve ask me on the phone while I take a sip of my coffee and waiting for Kara to get ready. I promise her we could go to the mall today.

"White furniture, not a neon or dark wall, light pink perhaps... It can be done by today, right?"

"Noted. I will send you the pictures as soon as it done."

"Thank you Steve.." 2 minutes later, Kara comes to me and tells that she is ready. "Let's go.."

At the mall

About more than two hours we are here and  my legs are begging me to stop but Kara seems like she can go for another hours. Where is that energy from? Or maybe it's me. When's the last time I went to shopping anyway? We got all of her needs or I think she need it or she can have it, whatever I pick it, she likes it, she'll have it like clothes, dresses, pants, toiletries. She asked nothing but a sneaker so, she have a Skechers Camila Cabello edition because she saw it on tv commercial and I added a Gucci tennis shoes.

"Kara, do you want anything else?"

"Can I have some ice cream, please?"

Again, the puppy eyes. Who can resist it? I give her my credit card and told her to give it to the cashier for payment and take it back. She go to the queuing line.

"Kara, I'm gonna go put these things in the car. Can you manage to buy the ice cream yourself? Here, give this card to that girl at the counter for payment and don't forget to take it back. I won't be long."

"Okay! Thank you mommy!"

"Wait for me here until I get back... Don't talk or follow any strangers... Okay?"

"Okay..."

Kara POV

I remember what my mother said, to give this card for payment and take it back.

"Can I pay using this?" I show the card to the cashier.

"Yes you can. A black card, I never see it before... You must be rich!"

"Really?? Me too! It is not mine, it's my mom's.."

"So, what's your mother's do?" The girl give me back the card.

"She works at her office... Thanks!" I take the card and the ice cream and go wait for my mom at the table. Don't talk or follow strangers, okay.

While eating my ice cream, a guy approach and sit in front of me. I pull my ice cream closer to me but he keeps staring and start talking to me.

"Was it good? The ice cream..." I look for my mother but can't see her nearby.

"My sister loves vanilla flavor but I prefer oreo... My name is Clay... You don't talk to much do you?"

"My mother said not to talk to strangers. I don't know you, you are strangers..."

"Ahhh, my mom told me that too when I was little... but did your mom told you that this sprinkles makes your ice cream taste better?" He put a little blue sprinkles on top of my ice cream. "Here, you can have the rest..." he gives me a small packet of that sprinkles.

"Thank you Mr. Clay..."

"Can you do me a favor? Tell your mother, her friend Lex said hi to her.."

"Okay.." That guy smile and leave.

In the car
Lena POV

I see her putting some of blue things on her ice cream. I don't think they gave her sprinkles because she already have the rainbow sprinkles on it.

"Mommy...?"

"Yes?"

"A guy told me to tell you that your friend said hi..."

"What guy? You talk to strangers? Didn't I told you not to talk to strangers?"

"I didn't! He came to me first..."

"Fine... Who said hi to me?"

"He told me Lex said hi to you.. I donno your friend.."

"Oh my God, Kara! Next time I will never leave you alone again! I been out for 10 minutes and Lex people already...." she calling me a few times but I ignore it. "...find you. When I told you not to talk to strangers,  I mean it.. You could have been kidnapped Kara... That is not something I want it to happen to you..."

"Mom, I don't feel so good..."

"What?" I pull over at the side road.

"My head hurts...!"

I look at her ice cream, she already ate that blue sprinkles. I take the small packet off her hand and it seems similar. Damn it! CPH2! I try to make Kara calm but I am not calm. The anger and worries feeling mixing together makes me drive straight to SPP. She take off her glasses and bang her head at the seat.

"Kara no! Don't bang your head.. Its going to make it worse!"

"It hurts !!" Crying.

"I know, I know.. We are going to find Barry and Caitlyn.. Hold on, please hold on Kara..!"

I stop right in front of the main door and help Kara out of the car. Luckily Brainy was at the lobby.

"What happened?"

"I need medic!" Before Brainy say anything, Kara falls on the floor. Her body vibrating and her mouth let out a lot of bubbles. It terrifies me to see her like this. Not again. "Hurry..!!!"

"Medic team needed at the lobby ASAP! Barry, Caitlyn ready at the lab."

We push Kara to their lab meet Barry and Caitlyn. I just sit there in the corner watching Kara lying there on the cold bed while Barry and Caitlyn trying to help her.

Barry and Caitlyn

Barry trying to smell the poison but he don't know what kind of poison is it.

"None that I know.. You try.."

"It's not a poison! Barry, it's not a poison.. We need to make her heart rate stable!"

"She might be choking if we didn't stop the bubbles!" Barry wipes Kara's mouth.

"Alright, give her sedative... not too much, enough until she calms."

Caitlyn go talk to Lena. "Lena.. I need you to tell me, what is the last thing she ate? So we can figure out the solution.."

"Ice cream." Lena coldly answers.

"That's it?"

"With CPH2 sprinkles!" She break down crying.

"Brainy, take her out first.." I go back to Barry and Kara. "It's CPH2..."

"What?! We still don't have the cure yet!"

"We need to find a solution.." Caitlyn trying to stay calm.

"Blood transfusions."

"There have to be other way..."

"Its either get the cure or blood transfusions. We don't know how much longer she can hold on."

"I hope the team get the antidote.."

"That's what I'm worried about..." Caitlyn look at Barry.

" Caitlyn look at Barry