Pt. 14: won't let you down

Lex POV
Police station

I drive straight to the police station to see my mother. It's been too long since she's been in the jail. I always visited her at least once a month without my sister. She did came to see her but maybe once a year. After my grandfather handed the company to Lena, my mother can't accept it and keep calling me to come to see her. Today, she seems a little bit angry.

"How come your grandfather knew you were gonna be there?! Did you told anyone about the plan?!"

"No I didn't. Everything looks fine, who knows the FBI is going to be there. You knew him... He's not gonna trust me..."

"That son of a bitch!" She swear on the lower voice. "Nevermind, we can proceed with the next plan..." now she's smiling evily.

"What is it?"

"You failed the first attack, sooner they'll come to you to talk, at least. Let them come. Then you make a trade. Put your name as the biggest shareholder of the L-Corp or they will be slowly misery..."

"You always have a plan..."

"People calling you their leader gang and yet you're keeps on falling. Don't just sell the drugs, make them. That way, you can make more profit of it. 35 at Longview Street near the suburb, keys under the mat. Put the good use of it."

"I will, thank you mother. "

"Get out there and be a good son."

"I won't let you down." I kiss my mother head and decide to go to the address that she gave. Just about to start my car, I received a call. "15 minutes."

Somewhere at coffee shop

"Doesn't seen her outside much except for this." Otis push me an envelope.

I look at those pictures

I look at those pictures. I knew that guy, one of the L-park employee but, I didn't recognize that girl. New girl huh sister..? Cute.

"That guy nam..."

"James Olsen... I know him. Who is the girl?"

"Kara Danvers, a student working part time during weekend at the L-park. Stays here at the Palm Garden apartment, 15 minutes from L-park."

"Visiting the playground I see..." I talk to myself. We'll see how colorful the park will be next week. Pink suit you.

"Alright, keeps on updating me." I get up and left the money and drive to see the house. About 40 minutes drive, finally reached the house. It's a double story, looks abandoned, big enough to operate the drug.

I look at the pictures, it was years ago. Small me and Lena at the beach, playground, vacation. That was happy.. 'was' and now everything turns upside down. Looking at mother portrait, "won't let you down, mother..."

*sorry for short update, a little busy during the festival season here...