Pt. 23: I guess you should call Lena

Kara POV

I slightly open my eyes because it is too bright then I realize it wasn't my room. My body feels so weak and my head is pounding. I see two strangers, asking me questions and my mind is blur. I don't remember what happened. Mom! Alex! Where is Alex? She picked me from my kindergarten just now.

"Alex..."

"I am Caitlyn. This is Barry."

"Alex......"

"What is your name?" She asking me and light my eyes with her torchlight.

"Kara..."

"Okay Kara, can you see my finger?" She moves her index finger from right to left and I close my eyes for a moment.

"It's okay Kara, here drinks some water.." that guy gave me a glass of water.

"What is the last thing you remember Kara?"

"Alex, me... walking... back... school." That girl look at that guy.

"School? How old are you Kara?" I held my fingers up to them, showing four fingers because I feel to tired. "Mom.. Alex..."

"Okay Kara, you get some rest, we get you your sister..." not that long after that, I hear my sister's voice calling my name and I held my hand out.

"Kara..! Thank god you are awake..." she comes and hug me.

Lena POV

Sara and I are watching them while Caitlyn and Barry telling us what happened but I'm not listening, only seeing the sisters.

Then I heard Alex calling Sara, yeah, she must be remember Sara.. Barry calls my name twice.

"Ms. Luthor... Ms. Luthor... are you alright?"

"Yes..? yeah I'm fine... Sorry I zone out.." then I hear Kara's voice. Maybe because she's heard my voice.

"Mom...! Alex, I want mom.. My head and tummy hurts..."

"Kara... do you remember, mom is not here anymore...

"No, she's here... I heard her voice..."

Alex turn around because she could not held back tears. Sara give me her head sign to come.

"Yea mom, why don't you come to see your daughter for a while?" I walk slowly to them. It breaks my heart to see them right now. Just hold back your tears Lena.

"Please, just play along.. For now.." Sara whispers.

"Hi, Kara..." she quickly wants to get up and hug me and Alex hold her shoulders asking her to slow down and Sara hold Alex.

"Mom! I miss you.... Where are we?" She hugs me.

"I miss you too Kara.. we're at the hospital, you fell sick.."

"I don wanna stay here... I wanna go home mom... I want elly..." I look at Alex and Sara, who is elly? Alex answers to her,

"Elly is at home.. tomorrow you see her okay?" Alex whisper to me "her stuff animal.. elephant..." I nodded.

"We go home tomorrow morning okay Kara..? But right now, you must listen to what doctor said okay, so you can get better.."

"Okay mom..." she pulls my hand up to her head "my head hurts so much mom, please make it stop..."

"Okay, you go take a nap now

"Okay, you go take a nap now... It will be gone after you're awake.."

"Stay here mother?" I see Alex nod

"Okay.." she fell asleep and hugging me still. I fell asleep not to long after her.

Few days later
Lena POV

A few days past and Kara has fully recovered, not 100%, her mind is still at her 4 years old kid. She finally discharges with Jonn and Alex permission. She of course had to bag them, a lot.

Everyday, she asked me to buy her a coloring book whenever I finish my job at the office so, I visiting her every evening until her bedtime. Of course Alex and I have to coax her to go to bed, but she is a good kid.

Alex POV

All of her things have been packed, she has been showered and dressed. It's time to go home but she refused. Of course she wants her mother come and pick her up. No candies or anything works now.

"Okay, let's go home Kara..."

"Where's mom Alex?"

"Mom.. Mom, she's uhhhh.. she went to work Kara... Uncle Jonn, Sara and I will bring you home..."

"No, I want mom. She never made us breakfast anymore! I want mom!"

"Kara, mom is busy at work... I promise you to let you ask Sara to buy you candy later..." whispering "I'm not telling mom.."

"Why me?!" Sara ask from behind while holding Kara's bag.

"Shhh, I'm bribing her..."

"No, I don't want a bribe, I want mom... Sara, can you call mom?"

"Well kid, your sister is correct. Your mother quite busy today."

"You just like Alex. I don't wanna go home!"
She's running out of the room and go to see Caitlyn at her lab and cry.

"Caity, I don't wanna go home. Don't tell Alex I'm here.."

"Why you don't want to go home? You've been begging uncle Jonn and your sister to bring you home."

"Only if with mom. I miss her."

"Okay, I'll tell your sister to call your mom okay..? Stay here, don't go anywhere, don't touch anything..." Caitlyn come to us outside the door. "I guess you should call Lena.."