Pt.5: fine I'll go

Kara pov

It's have been 2 days since Mr. Jonathan announced about the dinner and everybody is talking about it and all the L-Corp staff is invited. James is the first person to tell me about the dinner and insists that I must come.

"Fine, I'm going.. just stop following me around. People start staring." He is my superior in my department. We became friends since the last time I worked here, few years older than me and still single. That's why the other people will look at us when we talk. "What? I can't talk to my friend now?" I gave him a look "unless you wanted to be called bias, then fine. I will come, you owe me coffee though."

James seems happy with my answer. "I'll buy you how many you want. I'll pick you up that night." His phone rings "I see you later Kara." I just smile and wave him goodbye then I remember the dinner is in two days. I need to call Alex to pick out the dress. "Hey, Alex. Can you come over tonight? Yeah, I need your help. Okay, great!"

Alex come on time and bring some takeout for us. "You call me to come here just to help you choose your dress for dinner?" I nodded and made an innocent face "and for bringing me food too." Alex hands me a dress "you're using me, lucky I love you sis." She rolls her eyes and we laugh.

"I know about the L-Corp dinner party already." She knows? "You knew? How? James told you?" I was curious and she tells me because of her work. "No, not from James but from Jonn. Mr. Jonathan came to ask him a favor which is to hire a few of our private agents to keep the dinner and her granddaughter safe. So Jonn pick me to lead the operation for that night."

"I see, so since you're going, can I come home with you? It's just, James seems to be so excited that I'm going to the dinner with him. I don't want to give him any hope, you know..." Alex look at me,
"He still likes you?"

"I  guess he still does, but I not like him, like him that way.. I don't want to break his heart." Alex takes my hand "I understand, he's a good man. Guess I have to bring my car then." I laugh "Finally! Release the beast! You just keep on riding on your bike and sometimes I forget that you have a car."