Pt. 57: Exercise

Alex POV

As I walking to the pantry to make a coffee, I notice Grace is there alone. "Hey Grace. How's your coffee?"

She gives me a small smile to acknowledge my present. "Despite it is Jonn choice since it's a workplace 'drink' it is not bad."

"You're right." I sit in front of her and sip my coffee. "Hey, what are you doing today? Got any plans"

"So far no, I don't have any plans for today. Why?"

"Where's your mothers?"

"I don't know. Why?"

"Why? They are your mothers and you don't know where they are."

"They are your sisters!"

Nia walks in hearing what are they talking about "They are at hospital. For Lena's appointment. I believe Kara is there too."

Kara POV

"Lena, you're right on time. I already prepare the room for you." Katherine welcoming Lena.

"Why thank you, though we almost running late today. Katheryn, this sweet tall blond here is Kara Danvers, new CEO of Cat Co. Kara, meet Katheryn Gonzales. We are friends since college and she own this clinic. Shall we proceed?"

Katheryn guiding us in to a room and helping Lena lie down. "Ms. Danvers, you can sit here where you can see the monitor clearly."

I sit and hold Lena's hand. "Thank you."

"Lena, may I?" Katheryn asking for Lena's permission before slides up her shirt to put the gel on her belly. Lena nodding and our smiles grow wider once we see our baby appear on the monitor. "There is your baby. Healthy as it can be." She continues to scan for a couple more minutes with explanations. To be honest, none of us hear what she's been saying all the time because our eyes were glue to the screen. I know she knows that because she once again given us the advice, the do and don't.

"So, you're now 5 months along and I can see that your baby is a little bit bigger than average. Don't get me wrong, it happened and completely normal. That's means your baby is growing healthy. How's your morning sickness now, Lena?"

"It lessening since last week."

"Good. Something to be grateful."

I'm not following so I ask "You mean?"

Katheryn answers happily "For some mothers, their morning sickness can go all the way through their pregnancy. For some cases, it's bad for a couple of months, some don't feel nauseas at all so, Lena is one of the lucky mothers. Although her morning sickness decreasing, which is good, you might feel other pains too."

Lena nodding, understanding what her friend says. "You mean back pain? Swollen feet?"

"Yes and maybe your teeth too. You're feeling it now?" Katheryn asks.

"Teeth not yet but back and my feet starting to feel uncomfortable."

"Well I recommend you to sleep on your left side to improve circulation, giving nutrient-packed blood an easier route from your heart to placenta to nourish your baby. Either side is okay but lying on the left side are the best."

"Will the baby move soon? Did the baby can hear us?" I ask.

"Yes, Ms. Danvers. Based on this chart, Lena will feel the baby move anytime now since her baby develop healthy following the progress. The auditory system requires simulation through speech, music & other sound to grow properly. Okay, that's all for now. I'll give you prescription for your uncomfortable situation but, only take when needed. Can I trust you?"