Pt. 10: gotta find you

Lena pov.

After the meeting with the marketing team, I have all the day free from any other meeting or paperwork. I walk back to my office and and thinking what to do today. It's just 5 past 11 am and not hungry to get lunch yet.

Suddenly I remembered, "Kara..." I grab my phone to contact her but then I  remember that I didn't asked for her number last night. "Great, Lena..." face palms myself.

With that I decide to go down to the park just to see her, and I don't know she works at which department. "Damn Lena, how can you not knowing where your friend worked." Friend? I don't have many friends. Does she want to be my friend? But the way we talked last night, doesn't seem to be anything wrong ro be friend.

I grab my car key and drive towards the theme park. If she's working in HR or  sales & marketing or accounting or administration or properties dept. or someone assistants, she must be in a same building as I am but I've never seen her. Nevermind, I just gotta find you. Let's get this day more interesting.

Once at the theme park, I can see there's a few customers queuing at the ticketing counter to buy tickets. It's not many but everything is operating smoothly. Some of the staff smiles and nods at me when they see me walking around.

After walking for a few miles, my throat gets dry and I go to the mart to buy some drinks. While choosing, I hear someone talking to me.

"No wonder today's weather is hot.. Hi, Ms. Luthor.."

I turn around and see James and smile back to him. I knew him since last 2 years back when I worked here as the operation staff.

"James, hi... how are you? I'm not controlling the weather by the way..."

"I know, I'm just kidding.. So, what's bringing you here today?"

"Oh, nothing... Just wondering around and see how is everything." I laugh because he made a face when he's not buying what I said.

"Okay, I just have free time today. Nothing else to do after the meeting this morning. Still with the L-Park I see.. So, I guess you've turned down the magazine offer."

"Yeaaah, what can I say.. I already have a great boss here. Photographer just a hobby but I love it here tho."

"Great is understatement, but I still working on that. So, still watching for the same section?"

"Yes, still same. How hard to handle some kids right..? Wanna walk around?"

"Sure..."

While walking, I stop by to say hi to a few staff at this Itsy Bitsy section. They all felt sorry for what happened at the dinner party but I couldn't be more sorry if something happens to them that night. Luckily no one is injured, thanks to agent Alex Danvers. Then I thinking about Kara again.

"James, Kara called me and said she couldn't come in to work today. Her class is postponed until 8pm because her lecture car broke down earlier. She said sorry." One of James's staff told him.

Kara? Is it the same Kara?

"It's okay, thank you Winn. Oh, by the way, this is our CEO, Ms. Luthor. Ms. Luthor, this is Winn the section leader."

We shakes hands "It's a pleasure to meet you Ms. Luthor."

"The pleasure is mine... I'll see you around Winn." With that he goes back to his work and James and I start walking again.

"He mentioned a girl named Kara earlier. Kara as in Kara Danvers?"

"The sweetest, blue eyes, blonde hair... the one and only Kara Danvers." I can see he smiling.

"The sweetest huh? She's your girlfriend?"

"Nahh, I wish but she never like me like that... She is the sweetest.. everyone likes her, I bet if you know her, you'll like her too." I feels quite relieved and trying to get more info about her.

"Really? Tell me about her.."

"She used to work here before during he studies as a part timer and this is her second time. Now, she further her study for master and meanwhile working with Cat Grant at her shoes company during the day and with us during weekend night shifts.She's the one who sings at the opening performance at your dinner party."

"A smart, workaholic, and talented... I see.. James, thank you for walking with me today, I better get going.. see you again James..."

"Not a problem, see you later.."