Pt. 16: SPP

Lena POV
At her office

It has been months since I last see Kara. We do texting each other sometimes but, she's busy, I also quite busy with business and Lex. He will not sit still until he gets what he wants.

Never in a million years I will give him this company to him. I just taken it over from my grandfather, yes, but I put my hard work and sacrifice long before. So, until I die or my heirs (if I destined to have any), then no one else would have it. Including my mother and brother. Such disgraceful way on how they bring the Luthor names up, which is why I really want to clear it.

He did threaten me for the past month but this week seems a little bit too much. He called, I didn't pick up. He texted, I didn't reply. He emailed me, and I ignored it. Maybe he gets mad at me for ignoring his calls and threatening me something about L- Park. That's when I decided to tell my grandfather.

He said that he will be here to picking me up and go to see his old friend. Once we reach at the facility, I don't know what is this agency. It is clearly not the police station, not the FBI or CIA facilities. Our driver stop at the main entrance, and we get in.

At the SPP

"Are you sure you don't want to report this to the police?"

"I am not trusting anyone my dear... besides, your mother is in that jail, anyone can work for her.. she just need your brother to feed them money, they'll eventually betray a country." Then I see a dark skin, short hair, tall guy greeting us.

"Mr. Luthor, welcome to SPP. We've been expecting you two." Then he looks and nod at me "Ms. Luthor.."

"Pardon me, but what is SPP? Is it like federal agency or something?"

"Secret Protection Program, Ms. Luthor... Just like federal agency but more high level. Not many people know about this agency because we only do the high profile, secret and something that the government cannot do, they'll find us. Mr. Jonathan here made an excellent decision to bring your case here. Allow me to introduce you two to my agents."

He leads us to a room and there is 3 more people in it. I guess they are the agents. They all stand up to greet us and a woman starts first.

"Good evening Mr. Ms. Luthor..."

"I know you... You saved our life.." she shakes my hand.

"Alex Danvers, also the only Kara's big sister, her protector since she's born,...." and her words are interrupt by another woman...

"Nia nal... Department of security, technology and firearms..." then she whispering to Alex. "Chill Alex, we need to protect her, not to threatening her..." and the other guy introduces himself.

"Brainy.... Brandon McCoy.. department of information, science and intelligence..."

We continue to discuss about our case and give them as many information as we can. Time flies, and it has been two and half hours. Finally we decide to head out after finish the meeting. When everyone is about to leave, I call Alex and everyone os leaving us in the room and my grandfather waiting in the car.

"Agent Danvers, can I speak with you for a moment..?"

"Yeah, go ahead."

"First of all, thank you again for saving and protecting our lives from our own family.. I can feel you are a little bit tense earlier.."

"No I don't..."

"Yes you are.. in fact, you're uncomfortable right now.. why?"

"Right, I am... you're good at reading people Ms. Luthor..."

"I am a businesswoman, trust me I know..."

"This situation never happened before. Yes, I have handled much bigger case before but none of them have involved Kara..."

"What about her? She doesn't have anything to do with this case..."

"You really don't know do you...? You should have checked your email..." she shows me the email. Lex sends some pictures of me, Kara and James, that is about past few months. Now I know why Alex is feeling a little bit tense.

"I am sorry, I didn't know

"I am sorry, I didn't know..."

"She's the only sister that I have. We only have each other since our parents died. I can't hold myself if something happens to her and I can't let that happen. Never mind, forget about it. I shouldn't mixup personal and work... You just need to be more careful about your surrounding, anything can happen anytime, anywhere..."

"It is personal when it involves family. I promise you, nothing will happen to Kara especially when she's at L Park... I will double the security at the park and we will not going to see each other again. That's good because its quite longtime not seeing her so, I will keep it that way."

"Ms. Luthor, don't misunderstand my point... It's not that I don't like Kara being your friend, but the circumstances...."

"I understand but, as long as she's with me she might as well be a target..."

"Just until this case is done.... that's all I asked..."

"You have my word agent Danvers.."

"Thank you... About the security, Nia already on it... The team just need to register and get the pass from you to be at all of your company, park and residents. Nia Nall will brings the contract to you tomorrow morning at the first place."

"Earlier you've mentioned about my email, now you knew my schedule too? So I guess you know about what's inside my phone too?" I laugh try to lighten up the situation...

"Well, uhhh email yes, had to force Nia to hacked it. Sorry... Schedule, I just assumed and your phone is perfectly safe for the time being.."

"No need to be sorry,  you just doing your job.. I better get going, see you again agent Danvers..."

"See you Ms. Luthor"