Pt. 20: damage

Alex pov

Caitlyn Snow and Barry Allen (the doctor) finally come out of the operation room and meet us.

"Barry, Caitlyn... How is Kara and Nia..?" Barry answering for Nia first.

"Well Nia is fine, the bullet missed her heart. She's lucky. She lost some blood but she's stable now. For Kara, I let Caitlyn explain."

"Thank you Barry." Then, Lena ask about Kara.

"How about Kara? Is she okay?"

"Well, she's a little bit different from Nia condition even if the bullet almost hit Nia's heart."

I ask "what do you mean?"

"I mean the bullet that shot Kara is not a normal bullet. Different from what hits Nia." She give us the bullet and it was in pieces.

"That is the bullet that hits Nia, and this is Kara's."

"SJHP.."

Sara asking "what is it?" And Jonn explains.

"It's a  semi jacket hollow point. It is designed to mushroom upon entering the target. Formerly use by USA policeman or hunting but generally prohibited for use in war. It can cause maximum tissue damage. "

Caitlyn added "Speaking about tissue damage, she was shot around her right womb."

Sara ask "Please tell it doesn't effect her life..."

Caitlyn looks at Barry and he nod to let her tell the truth. "She'll be okay but it does effect her life. Her womb are badly injured when the bullet hit and break inside. That's why it was in pieces, I collected it all and none left."

Barry continues "It somehow will make her womb become weak even if we stitch it. It will take time to heal but the consequences...."

Sara holds me when she ask "she's cannot be pregnant?" Barry answer "70%"

Lena POV

I heard everything that Caitlyn and Barry explanations and I lost any words, just standing there. Nothing in words can describe how guilty I am for causing this to Kara. I wish I can trade her life with mine. She didn't deserve to be like this. Her life is permanently damaged.

Brainy finally speaks "I've read somewhere in Nia's file about the hollow point bullet. Is anything else that came along with it? I mean something in the bullet?"

His question was calling me back to earth. Please don't say drugs. Lex has done enough damage to her already. He doesn't need anything else. Just don't say the drug. Then Caitlyn answers to Brainy.

"We believe it some kind of drug. I found some blue substance in her wound but we don't know what it is. We're still waiting for the lab test results."

Damn you Lex!

Barry added "This is Nia's specialty but too bad she's not waking up anytime soon today."

I finally open my mouth "can I see it?"

Caitlyn brings us to their lab. I knew that thing! I have seen it before at Lex room with some notes or formula last year. Come on Lena, try to remember!

 Come on Lena, try to remember!

"It's CPH2. I remembered, last year I went into Lex's room and saw this stuff with some formula on his table."

Brainy answer "Thank you Ms. Luthor for the clue. Give me a moment. I've studied this before but didn't get that much information but here it is. CPH2, is 4-carbohydropterin synthase. The chemical reaction are 3-4 hydropterine 2-triphosphate + h20 _>3 carboxy +triphosphate.."

Caitlyn added "that can only be found in pregnant women, after six weeks of pregnancy. "

Alex asks "what is this thing does?"

Caitlyn answers "it helps in the growth of the brain of the baby and also for the development of the brain in the baby."

"If he doesn't mixing it up with any other substance." Right when Brainy said that, the machine sounds and he go straight to see it. Only he understands the results or the substance that Lex used and the effect.

"Talk to us Brainy..." Alex says impatiently waiting to hear about what happened to her sister.

"If the results not wrong, Kara will not be developing her mind or brain once she wakes up. It shrinking her mind. I don't know how many of CPH2 her body absorbs but the results are not good. She might have a memory loss, weakness for thinking, short amnesia, and lack of sense which I don't know which one. She might as well have an adult body in a mind of a child. We need to find the formula that Lex's used, in order to reverse it. If we can."