Heads up!

(Dominic x Connor, Warning: slight bullying)

I’m waiting for Connor to come out of the changing room. He finally came out. Wrapping my arm around his neck, locking it. Lending him to the doors of the gym. The teacher told us that we’re playing basketball. Connor is on a basketball team. He’ll be good at this. Him and I are on the same team, with small people. Welp, it couldn’t get worse than that. Going against another team, which also has small people. Maybe they're all small because I’m tall. Yeah, that could be the case. Connor is about the same height as me.

The hour is almost over. I don’t think Connor enjoyed playing the game. Most of our team didn’t bother to get his attention and just threw the ball at his head, expecting he would catch it. I kept telling them to stop, but they didn’t listen. The buzzer went off, telling us that it’s over and we have to change. They threw the ball one last time at Connor, on his back, and left to change. He picked the ball up and gave it to the teacher, then headed to the changing room. I followed him there. Everybody else left, leaving just me and Connor.

He had his shirt off and I could see the bruise that was left behind. Black, blue and a bit of green. I had a bruise on my side (yes they're both shirtless). I was right next to him. Looking at me in a confused way. Pulled him into a hug. Lightly having my hands on his bruise. The bruise was as big as the ball. Fits both of my hands. He shivered at the touch. After a little bit I was gonna pull away. Until Connor hugged back. I felt tears on my shoulder. Was he crying? He’s silently crying. Placing my hand normally onto his bruise. He leaned into me. He’s so fragile. Easily broken. Like glass.

We stayed like this for a little while longer. We had to move away from each other to put our shirts on. We’re now in the lunchroom sitting next to each other. Keeping my hand on where his bruise is. I have a feeling this is gonna happen more often.

Total of words 383 - Alaphi