I Can't Breathe Dad!

(In Dominic’s pov, no ship [jk! Dominic x The Boys], warning; AU where his mom doesn’t abuse him, mention of drowning, physical abuse, blood)

Mom isn’t home. I’m hacking up water, some blood too. There’s a bruise on my wrist. Actually on both of them. I have to cover them now. There’s even some bruises on my legs. That's no big deal to me, I’ll just wear pants. I couldn’t help but cry. My dad didn’t even care that he was killing me. I did nothing wrong. If mom was here it would be different. I wouldn’t be crying, coughing up blood, or having bruises on my wrist or legs. I told him I couldn’t breathe. He said ‘toughen up’. The bruises were caused by me, trying to get away. When I was under the water, he stomped or kicked my legs. Hot tears rolled down my face. There’s blood in the water. I scooted away from the tub. I can’t even look in the tub. I grabbed the door handle and turned it. The door won’t open. He locked the door. He locked me in here. No, no, no! I sank to my knees then to my hip. I banged on the door.

“Dad! Please! Open the door!” I hiccuped in between my words. I want mom, she’s nicer. I want mom to be home. My movements became slower. I’m so tired. My vision became blurry, I passed out. I just want mom. Few hours later, I’m being held. Someone is crying and yelling.

“Don’t just stand there! Call fucking 911!”

“M-Mom?”

“Yes! Baby, it’s okay, mommy is here.” She pressed my face into her neck, rocking back and forth. I started to cry, she cares. I tried moving my hand up, she moved it back down.

“I-It h-hurts, mom.”

“Don’t move honey, it’s okay, shh.” There were sirens outside. Paramedics came in, told my mom to follow them, they took me into a scratcher. Dad tried getting in, mom asked the paramedics to not let him in. Mom stayed by my side, holding my hand. The paramedics closed the door and got going. After they got to the hospital, they told mom to stay outside the door. After hours, they gave me some medication and in a few days or weeks I can go home. Mom came in, she held my face and cried. After a while, she calmed down.

“H-Hey mom.”

“Yes, honey?”

“C-Can you c-call my f-friends, please?”

“Sure, honey, they’ll be here tomorrow.” I agreed with her. She left, the lights went out. Mom and dad are probably gonna fight. My phone is on the nightstand. I grabbed it and called them. I called Connor, Caden, and Gavin. I left Fisher for last. I called him, and he answered.

“Dom? Why are you calling at 1 AM?”

“I-I’m in t-the hospital.”

“W-What… why?” I could hear the fear and worry in his voice. I heard rustling on the other side of the phone. I knew he was gonna react like this. “F-Fish, my mom is g-gonna pick you and t-the others in the m-morning, calm d-down.” The noises on the other side stopped. There was rustling again. I could feel and hear the fear, worry, and pain from him. “We can c-cuddle in the m-morning, all d-day even, maybe e-even at n-night.” I heard a slight chuckle from him. He agreed to it, it’s nice to hear him laugh. I can feel the relief from him.

“J-Just don’t scare me like that, Dom.”

“I-I understand, F-Fish.” I felt my face get warmer. I think I love him. We hung up on each other. I set my phone down on the nightstand. I can’t wait to see him tomorrow. A smile creeped onto my face. I slowly fell asleep.

Total of words 668, some angst to full for you all - Alaphi