Grades

(In Dominic’s pov, no ship, warning; verbal abuse, slight physical abuse)

My grades are so bad. My parents are gonna freak out. The bus bounced a bit. Snapped me out of my thoughts. I looked out the window. It’s snowing. The window was opened a bit. The cold air drifted in. I snuggled deeper into my hoodie. It didn’t give me much warmth but it’ll do. I don’t want to go home. I don’t want to face my parents. The bus is coming close to my stop. Fuck, fuck, fuck. I can see my house and my parents' cars in the driveway. Their home! The bus stopped and I got up. I passed the seats on the way. The kids either scooted away or tried to trip me. I got off the bus and headed to the front door. I took a deep breath. I’m going to be fine. We’re just gonna talk, nothing more. I walked in and took my shoes off. I checked the living room before going to my room. My parents are there.

I went to my room and set my bag down. I took my hoodie off.

“Dominic!”

“Get your ass out here!” I slowly left my room and went into the living room. My mom was holding her phone. Almost in a way that would tell you to run. My dad looked disappointed. Mom held her phone to me and it was my grades. She’s looking at me, waiting for an answer. I held my arm and slightly looked down. My dad sighed. He touched my mom's hand. It looked like they were speaking to each other. My mom got up and left. My dad turned to me.

“What is wrong with you?”

“Nothing is wrong.” My dad stood up and came towards me. I took a step back. He looked slightly angry. My mom came back and knocked on the wall. My dad looked at her. She tilted her head down the hallway. My dad nodded. He reached for my hand, I pulled it out of his reach. Why did I do that?! My mom was right next to me. “It’s okay, we’re not gonna hurt you.” Her voice. It’s so calm. Gentle. Caring. She gently held my hand and took me with her. Dad was following behind us. We’re going to the bathroom. I looked at the tub. It’s full of water. Dad came in and shut the door and locked it. She tricked me. What’s the water for? Why did dad lock the door? He grabbed me, pushing me onto my knees on the side of the tub. My mom sat on the edge of the tub. She had her hand on my head. She grabbed my hair in a gentle way.

She forcefully pushed my head down. My head is under the water. I wasn’t expecting this. I’m running out of air. I opened my mouth and some bubbles floated up. I tried to bring my head up, she has a firm grip on my head. She brought my head up. I gasp for air.

“Why are your grades bad?”

“U-Uhm, well, uh.” She dunked my head back into the water. I sucked in some water and choked a bit. I need air. My vision is going blurry. I’m dying. I stopped struggling against them. I closed my eyes. My head was pulled out of the water. I coughed up some water. My dad let me go. He got up and unlocked the door. My mom stood up. Dad left the room. “We’ll talk later.” She left the room, leaving me there. Hot tears ran down my face. Why would they do that to me? It’s just some D’s and C’s. I’ll try to be better. I unplugged the drain in the tub. Watching the water make a tiny whirlpool. I grabbed a towel and dried myself off. I went to my room and laid down on my bed. Hugging the pillow. I’m too tired for this.

Total of words 673 - Alaphi