It's Dark

(In Connor’s pov, no ship, warning; physical abuse, self harm)

I’m back in the room. It’s dark. The only light is from the crack in the door. They would walk by. I’ve been here for about two days. No food. It’s wet here. Damp. I’ve mapped out the room. It’s like a storage room. Just no cabinets, drawers, desks, and shelves. I’ve found pipes. One has a crack. Pretty sure that one is gonna burst at some point this year. Probably also the reason why it’s damp here. I got up from my corner. I’ve gotten used to the cold. There was an inch of water. I stayed near the wall and walked around. There’s pain. I stepped on something. Something sharp. I went back to my corner. I felt my foot for anything. I’ve found it, it’s glass. There’s glass in here. Why is there glass? There’s nothing here. Maybe I was wrong. What should I do with this? How big is it? I have this urge. Urge to hurt myself. The glass is in a triangle shape.

My legs? No, everyone can see it then. My arm. Yeah, no one will know. It’s just a few cuts. I rolled my sleeves up. I’ve found my wrist and moved up. I slid the glass across my arm. My skin broke. I sniffed the air, there’s blood. I moved an inch away and did it again. I’ve counted out about seven cuts. There’s footsteps at the door. I pulled my sleeves down and put the glass down beside me. They opened the door. It's my mother. I stood up and went over to her.

“Go take a shower and what’s wrong with your foot?”

“Nothings wrong with my foot.” She rolled her eyes and left. I went into the bathroom and changed out of my clothes. I got in the tub and pulled the curtain over. I turned the water on. I feel dirty. There’s dry blood on my foot and arms. I turned the knob to the red. The water became warmer. I watched the water run down my arms. I peeled the dry blood off. More blood replaced it. Dripping down my arm. To my fingers and falling onto the tub. I washed it off with the water and finished up my shower. I turned the water off and got dressed. I went to my room and looked around. There was a plate of food with a note.

Here’s some food. -Dad P.S- don’t tell your mother.

Thanks dad. I can tell he cooked it. I’m not a big fan of his cooking but it’s all I’m gonna eat.

Total of words 446 - Alaphi