I'm Not Hurt

(In Connor's pov, no ship, warning; slight physical abuse)

It hurts to move my wrist. I can't even open my door with it. There's a bruise around it, along with some scratches. I'm at the dinner table. I'm trying to use silverware. I don't want them to know that I'm hurt. I'm close to tears. I'm halfway done. I set the fork down to rest my wrist. Dad grabbed my arm and lifted it up. He rolled my sleeves down and saw the bruise. He held it up to my face.

"What is this!"

"I-It got stuck and I-I tried to get it out, I-I promise that I'm fine." He grabbed my wrist and squeezed it. I flinched, tears pricked at the corners of my eyes. He got up and dragged me to the empty room. He threw me in and locked the door. He's probably going to get me later in the morning. I went over to the corner that I usually sit at. I sat down and held my wrist. It's dark but I can see the blood that dripped from my wrist. The scratches opened up. There's just a ring around my wrist, slowly rolling down my arm. It was dark red. I pulled my sleeve down to cover the stains from the blood. The ground is cold, slightly wet. The pipe that had a crack had bursted. The water must be off. This room is a storage room. Even though it has nothing. There's just glass and nails everywhere. Not a good environment for a kid or teen.

Maybe next time I'm gonna fix the lights and clean the place. I'll do that next time, when they let me out. I hugged myself, tears fell down my face slowly. I curled up into a ball. It's so cold in this room. I'm guessing the heat is off for this room. Footsteps came by the door. I didn't bother to get up. The front door closed. Mom went to work. The door opened, dad came in with a flashlight and food. Wait, why is he here? He was wearing shoes. He gave me the food. He checked my wrist.

"I have a doctor's appointment set up for you tomorrow."

"W-Why?"

"I never wanted to do this to you. You know, lock you in here and hurt you." Those notes and the plates of food. That was him trying to tell me that he was helping. More tears came down my face. He hugged me gently. He stayed with me. If mom finds him he'll be abused too. I don't think he cares at this point.

Total of words 447 - Alaphi