Mom!

(In Dominic’s pov, no ship, warning; past memories)

“Mom! Mom! Look!”

“That’s nice honey.” I showed her my drawing. She took the drawing and pinned it to the fridge. Her smile is so warm, gentle, and loving. She gave me a fruit cup and a spoon. I sat down at the table. I opened the fruit cup and ate. She started to make dinner. I finished my fruit cup and threw the container away. I put the spoon in the sink. That’s what mom does. She handed me another spoon.

“Want to taste test?”

“Yeah!” She picked me up and gave me the spoon. She continued to cook. I licked the spoon and watched her. I finished the spoon off and tried to get down. She set me down and I ran to the sink. She laughed. Her laughter. It was so nice to hear it. The front door opened and closed. It’s dad. I ran to greet him. He went to his knees and hugged me. It was a bear hug. He picked me up and went over to mom. They kissed. “Eww!” They laughed. Mom took me out of dad’s arms. Dad left to change. Mom set me down on a chair and gave me a plate of food. I love her cooking.

“Dominic! I’m going to work!” The door slammed shut. It startled me out of my thoughts. It was a memory. I looked at the fridge and saw my drawing. It was covered by documents and sticky notes. I missed when they were nicer.

Total of words 263 - Alaphi