Stupid Bond

Another thing that annoys Eddie is whenever Venom will block all of her senses, or makes her “blackout” – as she likes to call it... because that is what it is.

Is not...’ Venom’s scoff rings in her head, along with his words. ‘I do that for you.’

Eddie bites back her own actual scoff. Though, she has to admit she believes the idiot –

‘I am not an idiot! I have billions of years of knowledge!’

– was kind of sweet (at first), because she knows he did it to keep her from freaking the fuck out.

‘Oh... You’re welcome.’

Eddie almost scoffs again. Because these days, she thinks – knows he only does it whenever he wants to get away with something he knows she will give him shit for.

‘Isn’t that the same reason, really?’

Eddie ignores him, still. And that’s mainly because Anne is still glaring at her with her own murderous intent... even when they both know who’s probably (definitely) responsible for her anger here...

“It wasn’t me.” Venom repeats, both answering Eddie’s thoughts and Annie’s glare. He knows he sounds convincing, but he also knows that Annie knows him almost as well as Eddie does.

Anne shoots the floating head a highly doubting look as she crosses her arms over her chest. “So, you weren’t listening when I drunkely blurted out that Trevor used to beat the shit out of me?” She finds that very unlikely.

“No...”

Anne makes the same “whatever” expression as Eddie, but it’s Eddie who confirms Anne’s queries. “Don’t listen to him. He’s talkin’ shit. He’s always listenin’.”

Venom narrows his eyes at Eddie, thought, she merely narrows them back. Why is she never on his side?! “I... might remember... listening to... something.” He finally admits, blinks and silently waits for both their tempers to flare (though, admittedly, he is actually a little bit afraid of Annie...)

Eddie squints her eyes as the memories of last Friday night come slowly pouring back to her. It’s not often that Venom allows her to get drunk (prude doesn’t like the taste or its delightful effects.) Though, she remembers she and Annie listening to AC/DC and slowly getting through that bottle of whiskey (while the prudish alien sat in front of the TV and stuffed his face with chocolate covered tater tots... disgusting.)

‘Delicious.’ Venom snips back through her thoughts.

“They taste of nothin’ but cholesterol!” Eddie snaps, glares back at him.

“OK –“ Anne glares at them both again. “– I told you both not to do that around me! Talk out loud, or not at all!” She shivers as she adds with a mumble, “It’s creepy.” She huffs when they both glare back at her. “Well, it is!” She huffs even louder, goes back to glaring at Venom (goes back to her train of thought... before she was so rudely and weirdly interrupted.) “You might remember, huh?” She scoffs when he merely blinks at her. “Well, do you remember leaving his severed head on my doorstep for me to find this morning?” She asks, sarcasm covering the fury in her heart.

“Oh, my God!” Eddie’s eyes widen, then, narrow over at Venom, then, soften as she glances back to her best friend. “Shit, Annie. Are you OK?” She smiles sheepishly when she receives a withering look. “Right... stupid question... I’m sor –“

Anne cuts her off with another huff, and she knows she’s just ranting now, but she doesn’t care. There is a severed fucking head in her home! “What I’m not OK about is the fact that I’m not even surprised anymore. I didn’t even scream when I saw it... like any normal person would have.” She huffs, more annoyed as she adds, “I spilled coffee all over my new work blouse, though.”