Strings

“No, you may not, V. I’m sick of all the fuckin’ chickens.” Seriously, she doesn't know how she hadn’t snapped that first year Venom “moved in” with her. Sure, she’s taught him that cleaning up after yourself is important, but those first few months after the whole Drake and Riot thing, there were a lot of days when Eddie was on the brink of having a breakdown, she swears. Thankfully, these days, the alien seems to domesticate himself... which she thinks is actually adorable.

“We have only two! Venom protests.

Exactly. That’s already two more than I want.” Eddie huffs as she grabs the bowl of popcorn and her beer. She shuffles out of the kitchen, bathrobe wrapped snugly around her and Venom floating beside her. She places the bowl of popcorn onto the coffee table, then, all but throws herself down onto the couch.

“But you said you liked Sonny and Cher!” Venom cries, turns his floating head towards the feathery best friends.

“I only said that to make you happy, babe.” Eddie says as she picks up the TV remote.

“So, you lied to me to make me happy?”

“Didn’t know I could lie to you, but yep, that’s what I did.” Eddie chirps – ‘...or just to shut him up.’

“I heard that!” Venom hisses, lightly head-butts her shoulder.

“Hey! Watch the beer, asshole!” Eddie hisses back, though, she can't help doing so through broken laughter.

You are the asshole!” Venom snaps, then, huffs and grumbles (childishly) out, “Can we please watch the next episode of Russian Doll now?”

“Oh, yeah? You liked that one?” Eddie arches a brow, holding onto a fond smile.

“Oh, yes, very much!”

Eddie can’t help chuckling at his enthusiasm. “Alright.” To be fair, she thinks it’s a pretty good series, too, probably one of the best on Netflix. “What part are we up to?”

“Episode three! Nadia has just found out she isn’t the only one going through the weird shit she’s going through!” Venom grins gleefully as he floats back to his spot beside her, huge white and jagged orbs lit up in excitement at the TV.

“Got it. Episode three.” Eddie presses play and tosses the remote aside. Quickly, she grabs the bowl of popcorn and settles back into the couch. “No tater tots tonight?” She asks with a teasing smirk.

“No. I am full. Thank you, Eddie.”

“Yeah, no problem.” Eddie chuckles, shovels a handful of popcorn into her mouth. “I’m so glad you symbiotes have your own digestive systems.”

“Brains don’t taste that bad.”

Eddie scoffs. “Yeah, for you... and zombies.”

“Those Dawn Of The Dead creatures?” Venom asks, sounds slightly distracted with his eyes glued to the screen. Briefly, he doesn’t know why, but he wonders what Eddie would look like with the fiery red curls Nadia has...

Eddie is half amused, half endeared as she watches him from the corner of her eyes. “Yeah.” She smirks when he merely grunts his half distracted response. And when there’s a sudden knock on their front door, both she and the alien jump in surprise, and then, Eddie is more amused with the alien swearing his floating head off than she is annoyed with their “surprise” visitor.