Heads, Heads, Heads

“Heads, heads, heads, Eddie! Whose heads shall we eat tonight?” Venom sings, voice lit up with the childlike glee she’s grown so fond of.

‘How ‘bout Mrs. Chen’s?’

“I know that is a joke, Eddie, but we do not bite off the heads that feed us.” Venom scolds her lightly as he leaps over the next alleyway (empty again, much to his dismay.)

Eddie’s scoff rings loud and clear in his mind. ‘You were willin’ to eat her last year.’ She points out.

Because she was unwilling to feed us.” Venom states, like it’s the most obvious thing in the world.

Eddie chuckles. ‘She wasn't unwillin’. It’s not her fault if the idiot delivery guys are late.’

“That is true.” Venom agrees, sounds like he hadn’t thought of that. See, this is why he has Eddie. He pauses in thought, hanging casually off the corner of the next roof top he leaps towards. “Maybe we should track these delivery guys down and threaten to eat their heads if they ever dare to be late bringing the chocolate again.”

‘Solid plan, but also, no. You’re lucky I love you enough to let you eat the heads you do... even if most of ‘em deserve it.’

Awh, Eddie, you said you love me.” Venom hops up onto the roof, grinning to himself when he can clearly feel her rolling her eyes.

‘I always say it.’ Eddie snips out, clearly accusing him of not noticing.

“Yes, but this is the first time you have said it without sounding annoyed.” Venom points out.

‘So? What’d you want? A medal?’

Venom chuckles. “I love you, too, Eddie. You let me eat heads and use your credit card.” Venom says, sounds absurdly proud.

Eddie can’t help laughing. ‘Thanks, V. That really does make me feel loved.’

WHAT is with the sarcasm?” Venom snips, grin falling away, scowl swirling between his inky eyes. “They are not the only reasons, of course...” He huffs when he can feel her smirking underneath.

‘Go on...’ Comes Eddie’s slow, but clearly gleeful tone.

“I like... your face... it’s very pleasant to look at... all of you is pleasant to look at, but your face is my favourite...” Venom crosses his arms over his chest with another huff when he hears her stupid (pretty) laugh ringing inside his (stupid) head. “That’s enough of that! He snaps with a stomp of his foot. “You are enjoying this far too much!”

‘Yes, I am.’ Eddie chirps, laughs her damn ass off, because she really can’t help herself.

Venom lets out another childish huff, is then thankful for the sudden interruption, screaming for help, literally. “She said the magic word, Eddie. Can we?”

‘Do it.’

Venom lets out a hungrily pleased snarl before leaping across the next two roof tops. He pauses, peaks down and sees the young woman being dragged down the alleyway by two older men. What is with all the rapists this week? Is there some kind of secret holiday they’re all celebrating, Eddie?”

Eddie laughs, but only because he’s actually seriously curiously asking her that, no teasing or sarcasm in his tone. ‘Halloween always seems to bring out the nutjobs.’ She huffs, then sounds absurdly optimistic (seriously, what has she become? ...eh, is she even that far off from who she really is? ...ooh, she winces at the thought – don’t open that can of worms...) ‘At least you get to bite one and get one free.’