Dance [P.2]

“What’s the deal, V?” Eddie asks as she – much to Venom’s relief – finally puts the spoon down and instead, goes in for another chocolate covered strawberry.

‘I have brain-freeze. That is what the deal is, Eddie.’ Comes Venom’s snarky response.

Eddie stifles a laugh. “Stop bein’ so dramatic. You know what I’m talkin’ about. Why do you want me to dance with Patrick? I thought you hated him.”

Venom scoffs quietly, his mumbles echoing in her mind. ‘He’s not important enough to hate.’

So bitchy tonight.” Eddie chuckles. Then, feels slightly guilty, because he really is jealous and that’s as sad as it is adorable.

Not jealous, but whatever.’ Venom doesn’t know if he lets her get away with that because she’s right, he is jealous, or because she thinks he’s adorable. But right now, he doesn’t have time to question it.

“Seriously, V, what’s goin’ on?” Eddie says, absentmindedly watching Patrick as he waits patiently in line at the bar. “This is the same guy you try to eat whenever he so much as inconveniences me, let alone pisses me off.”

‘I try to eat everybody. You just won’t let me.’

Eddie rolls her eyes at his petulant tone. “Oh, you’re in this mood now, huh? That’s just great.” She huffs, then, under her breath, snarkily adds, “And you’ve never tried to eat Anne.” She grits her teeth in annoyance when she hears him chuckling.

Now who is the jealous one, Eddie?’ Venom can’t help sounding as smug as he feels. But only because Eddie is jealous... Eddie is jealous, because of him. He knows he shouldn’t feel so proud of that fact, but to him, it only shows how much Eddie really does love him.

Eddie scoffs. “Whatever.” She goes in for a cucumber stick, shoves it into her mouth. And much to her surprise, he doesn’t say a thing about it. Instead, she hears his low rumbling growls in her head – the apologetic one he uses when he’s pretending to feel guilty.

‘Not pretending now, Eddie.’ Venom hopes he sounds as sincere as he feels – knows he’s getting better at it... thanks to Eddie. ‘Want you to dance with the Detective so that I can dance with you, too.’ He explains as a tendril seeps from her right wrist and splits into five little digits.

Eddie’s face softens as his hand-shaped tendril wraps around her hand, his little inky digits lacing between her own fingers. “Well...” She clears her throat when her voice wavers ever so slightly. She smiles, gives his “hand” an affectionate little squeeze with her own. “You’re just a big softie, huh?” She chuckles quietly when she hears his low grumbling growls of adorable... embarrassment? Really? He lets out another series of low grumbles and Eddie can’t help smiling softly again as she tells him, “I’m just teasin’ you, V, I promise.”

There’s a small comfortable and comforting silence between them after Venom gives her hand the same affection squeeze in return. ‘Does this mean you will dance with me, Eddie?’

Eddie doesn’t want to ruin the moment, always enjoys when the symbiote shows that sweet side of him he tries so hard to hide from everyone else. Still, she feels she needs to ask, “Your idea of dancin’ with me doesn’t involve you usin’ Patrick’s body to do so, right?”

Ugh. Of course not.’ Venom really does try not to sound so disgusted by that notion. But it’s difficult when you don’t like someone.