Leave

“Are you... OK?” Eddie worriedly stares back at him, his own expression neutral. Though, it’s his silence that makes her nervous – downright dreaded – again.

Venom snaps out of his stupor when he feels Eddie’s uncertainty. This is why he’s really coming...” He mumbles to himself, sees Eddie now looking confused, then, tells her, This is why Knull is coming here...” Both his expression and tone are soft as he adds, “For our... son.”

Eddie nods, though, shoots him a curious look. “You don’t think Knull would have eventually come for revenge and to tie up loose ends?”

Venom scoffs. “Knull severed his link to me, so I wouldn’t be able to find him and finished what I started. It’s why Toxin is still able to see him now.” He growls loudly in anger, his voice rising slightly with that anger. “And now, Knull thinks he can come to destroy MY family!”

“That’s not gonna happen, V.” Eddie doesn’t know how she knows that, she just does, no matter what. “Besides, a lot of it could still be just me havin’ nightmares.”

Venom seems to misunderstand her words, because his expression dims some. He slowly floats closer to her, voice low and somehow small as he tentatively asks, “You... hope... it doesn’t happen...?”

And now, Eddie is just confused. “What? Knull? Of course I don’t. Guy scares the piss outta me.”

Venom swallows a huff over her adorably absent clue – so dim sometimes, for someone so very clever – over her making him say it out loud, when it’s all that he dreads right in this moment. “Not Knull. Our... son...”

“Oh...”

“Oh...?” Venom’s nervousness matches her own now. Though, the small smile that tugs at her lips at least makes him feel better.

“Until now, I never really thought about havin’ kids. Mainly ‘cause I was always kinda scared I’d fuck up their lives. I mean, not the spectacular way my father fucked me up, but...” Eddie shrugs, lets out a sigh as she walks over to plop herself down onto the couch.

Venom slowly floats after her. “And now?

Eddie chuckles, can’t help teasing him, because it’s just the natural balance between them. “You want me to be your baby mama, V? Is that what all this is about? You wanna be a daddy again?”

Venom scowls at her, falls into her trap, like the idiot that he is, like he always does with her. “That abomination was no son of mine.” He retorts all too snootily. He huffs, then with defeat, adds, “But I suppose I can thank him for leaving Toxin behind.”

Eddie stares thoughtfully at him for a few moments, small smile tugging at the corners of her lips. “If it wasn’t for that, you’d never have gotten your memories back.”

To her surprise, Venom throws out those tiny arms just to give her a casual little shrug. “Nothing I missed.”

Eddie scoffs, shoots him a look of disbelief. “You were given back literally half a billion year’s worth of your memories, and there’s not one little thing you missed?” She scoffs again, louder. “I call bullshit.”

Venom has no other response to that, but the absolute truth, his eyes gazing into hers as he says, “Nothing is you, but you, Eddie. Why would I miss anything else, when everything I love most is right here with me now?”