Insecure

For a change, Venom is quiet. Eddie doesn’t notice yet. Though, Venom gives her a little credit (at least) for getting a little (a little too much – in his opinion) wrapped in enjoying herself. Considering that even if he didn’t like most people interacting with Eddie – totally NOT for jealous reasons (he’s just... cautious, is all...) – thankfully, Eddie isn’t what the humans call a “social butterfly.” He’s grateful for her introverted personality. He also loves that she doesn’t bother to hide who she is. It’s just another thing they have in common.

However, Eddie really does seem to be having fun shooting pool and drinking beer. And even if it isn’t him she’s currently having fun with, Venom, instead, remembers all the fun times he has shared with her. Just the two of them. Because Eddie is right. He is jealous. And he hates it. Because knows he doesn’t have to be.

Still, seeing her smiling like she is now... and laughing and looking so relaxed and carefree... even if it isn’t with him, or because of him, Venom is still happy for her. And he’s happy about being happy for her...

Hm... is this what love feels like?

Venom can’t help pondering to himself. His thoughts are still only half paid attention to, though, because he’s still feeling that strange feeling again... the one he first felt last night... and he’s felt it again since the moment Eddie stepped foot into this busy and rather lively bar. The atmosphere itself is buzzing with both excited chatter, and bellowing laughter, and all in all, Venom notes that everything here feels normal; feels safe.

Everything except for that strange feeling...

It’s definitely not a normal feeling, but Venom doesn’t exactly feel all that threatened by it. He still doesn’t know if he should be worried, so for now, he does as he always has, simply waits for the problem to arise before dealing with it... or possibly running away from it... unless Eddie manages to bribe him into otherwise... again... stupid Eddie... stupid noble Eddie! And what’s worse is that she doesn’t even realise it! Stupid, stupid Eddie!!

“Come on, Detective, I know you’re holdin’ back.” Eddie shoots him a deeply unimpressed look as she leans her weight on her pool cue. “I’d be offended over you lettin’ me win if it weren’t for the alien shoved up my ass 24/7.” She bites back an amused grin when she hears said alien’s low grumbling in her head.

Patrick narrows his eyes back at her. “OK. Fine.” He nods, feels his heart flutter when he shakes himself to loosen up and she laughs at him. “Don’t say I wasn’t gentleman until you asked for it.” He musters up his best smug smirk before leaning over the pool table.

‘He is terrible at flirting.’ Venom scoffs, then, smugly adds, ‘He’s certainly not “special with words” like I am, is he, Eddie?’ He may be mocking, but he really does want to know. Even if she already said so last night.

Eddie holds in a scoff. Instead, she’s rather impressed (finally) when the Detective pockets two balls in one shot, in one pocket, one after the other. “Finally, a challenge.” She drawls out, plays it cool when he does the same again, only to pocket three more balls this time.

‘He’s a little too good... for a human.’

Eddie scoffs in her mind. ‘Really, V? Humans can be superhuman sometimes. You’re supposed to be the one with almost endless knowledge, so you should know that the human brain shuts down that part of our brain, because our bodies don’t match up to that kinda strain. That’s where the whole people being able to lift cars in times of panic comes from. Our brains reserve that strength, because we can take it for a few minutes.’