Time

[Now.]

“This –“

Venom’s mind begins to open as soon as Toxin slowly and carefully begins to pry it open for him, both of them being careful not to let any of it overwhelm either of their hosts.

”– is who you really are.”

Eddie sees flashes, knows Toxin is sweetly trying not to overload either her or Patrick. Though, she sees the blank look suddenly wash over Venom’s face and is slightly worried. She ignores the flashes of his memories popping up into her own mind like windows popping up on her laptop screen, is more concerned over her other half.

What if he hates her for keeping it all a secret?

Eddie can’t bare to think about that right now. She just needs to know that he will be OK.

Toxin sees her expression and is quick to reassure her. “He is fine. Just... processing.” His little noodle-head shoots her a reassuring smile to go with as he adds, “Almost there.”

Patrick watches as Eddie can only nod. He just hopes they’ll both be OK after... whatever this is. He’ll ask Tox for the details later, when they’re alone. Mainly because he doesn’t want to intrude on Eddie and Venom’s own private talk. Which he’s sure they’ll be having later after... all of this.

“It’s done.” Toxin tells her, both Eddie and he and Pac all glancing warily at the eldest symbiote. “Venom?” He asks, voice soft as he floats over to the larger “noodle-head” – as Eddie sweetly dubs them.

Eddie frowns, a slight panic rising in her. “V?” She turns to stand in front of him, and the moment she calls out to him, he snaps out of it, eyes instantly locking with hers.

Venom smiles when he sees her, a real smile. “Eddie.”

Eddie lets out a sigh of relief, shoots him a curious, yet, still slightly concerned look. “Are you OK?”

“I’m OK, Eddie.”

Eddie scowls when he pretty much ignores her in favour of floating over to Toxin. She glances at Patrick, who shrugs, as the two symbiotes just seem to stare silently at one another. Eddie scowls harder as she quickly realises they’re probably talking. “Excuse me, but it’s rude to whisper!” She snaps, folds her arms over her chest and shoots them an expectant look as they finally turn their floating heads to look at her. “What’s goin’ on? No secrets! We’re supposed to be a family!

“Yeah!” Patrick chips in, now, too, scowling at the symbiotes – well, mainly at Toxin, because Venom still kind of terrifies him a little. Which is ridiculous, when he thinks about it.

Venom rolls his eyes at the Detective, turns to Eddie and shoots her a slightly grave look that she really doesn’t like.

“V, what’s goin’ on?” She asks again, voice slightly wavering with dread of her own.

Toxin feels Venom’s internal struggle and quickly comes to his rescue. Floats over to Eddie as he tells her, “Knull. He is free. And he is on his way here... I’m sorry, Eddie.” He adds the last part when he sees her eyes widen and her mouth drop.

“Um... what??” Eddie mumbles.

What?!” Patrick yelps in a not so manly way.

Calm, Pac.” Toxin soothes, tries to reassure his host as he floats back over to him. “The cosmos is vast beyond comprehension. He will not arrive for at least a decade and a half.”