Favourite Bite

“I did it for you.”

Eddie scoffs at his explanation, but mainly over the fact that Anne seems to be goddamn buying into his excuse as she sees her friend’s expression softens that tiny bit.

‘It’s not an excuse. It’s a fact.’ Venom snips back through their mind. He then turns to Annie, “I don’t understand.” He blinks, looks confused. “He hurt you, so I hurt him. It’s what Eddie wanted, too.”

“Wh – I... did not!” Eddie exclaims, looks outraged.

Venom scoffs as he faces her. “You so did! I just made it easier for you! I will admit, I wanted him dead, too, but I acted on your killing fantasies!” He exclaims back as a thin tendrils breaks off and jabs an accusing inky little “finger” into her chest.

Eddie stumbles back, all the while glaring back at him. “You son of bitch!” She hisses, pointing back at him. “That is not for you to decide alone! What the fuck happened to bein’ partners, huh?” She scoffs, waves a dismissive hand. “Partners – my ass! You’re worse than a naggin’ wife!”

“And you are an emotionally constipated asshole!” Venom counters, voice cracking slightly (he really hates this stupid crying thing! What is it even for?! All it does is make him feel worse!)

“Says the alien who wouldn’t even have emotions if it wasn’t for yours truly.” Eddie says, looks slightly annoyed. She will not let him emotionally manipulate her! He goddamn knows how easily she crumbles, how annoyingly she wants people to like her (she knows she’s pathetic. Even Kasady, crazy asshole that he was, he was right about that.)

‘Kasady was a psychopath... Nothing more.’ Venom thinks; tells her, because he can’t have her doubting herself... because it would only cause for distraction and he doesn’t need that while he’s out fighting bad guys... and that’s the only reason, of course... ‘And I had emotions before you!’ He snips, then mumbles, ‘Just... not as many as I have now...’

Eddie huffs, glances over at Anne, holds her hands up in defence when she sees the other woman glaring back at her, and only her now. “There’s no fantasies, I swear... just... passin’ thoughts...”

“Of the murderous variety?” Anne asks, arches a brow.

“N –“

“Yes.”

Anne rolls her eyes, seriously wonders what her life has become. And not because of the obvious. It’s because she’s trying to bite back an amused smile, where really, she should be freaking out (like any normal person would.)

Eddie slowly turns her head to shoot him another glare.

“Friends don’t lie.” Venom says, shoots her a toothy grin.

“I’m gonna ignore the hilarious irony of you sayin’ that, and just say that you wish you were as badass as Eleven.” Eddie scoffs out, while wearing a smirk.

“I am a badass.” Venom scoffs back. “I am a badass motherfucker. Eleven is awesome, but she is still just a little girl.”

“A little girl who closed some bigass portal and fought monsters and had a scarier attitude than the so-called Lethal Protector, who, might I add, ran away from his own spawn with his tentacles tucked fearfully between his legs.”

“It was a red one!!!” Venom reminds her, voice almost squeaking.

“It was food!” Eddie snaps back. “Just like everythin’ else is to you! I didn’t even know you guys could devour each other like that! We could’ve just stopped them right from the start if it wasn’t for you bein’ a ‘badass motherfucker!’