Tactful

‘You should have let me kill him, Eddie.’ Venom grumbles, shifts just under the surface of her skin as she slowly trudges up the stairwell.

Eddie sighs loudly and tiredly, dress all crumpled and grubby, one hand grasping her clutch purse and the other holding onto the straps of her stilettos. “Would love to have let you, V... as much as I’d like for us to still be alive... which we are, so...”

Venom huffs. ‘He said he wanted to ravish you.’ He states through gritted teeth.

Eddie scoffs out half a chuckle, shakes her head as she ascends the last set of stairs. “He said I looked ravishin’... which, I do.”

‘Of course you do! And what is the difference? Ravishing means to carry off by force!’ Venom sounds outraged, throwing his fit inside her head (something she’s far too used to.) ‘I will stay extra alert tonight while you sleep, and I will DISEMBOWEL anybody who thinks they can barge in and –‘

“V, babe, breathe... Jesus.” Eddie pauses when she finally gets to the top (because of course she would live on the second to top floor of a multi-story apartment building that has a broken lift that her useless son of bitch super refuses to shell out for and finally fucking fix!) When Venom lets out another (much louder) huff, Eddie can’t help smiling, can’t help feeling as amused as she is touched by his (over-over) protectiveness. “And now, look up in my head what he really meant...”

She bites back another smile when Venom grunts, but mumbles out a quiet, ‘Fine...’ Venom growls as soon as he finds the thought, angrily roars out, ‘He wants to EAT you! Eddie, if you do not let me kill him, I WILL make you look like an asshole at Annie’s wedding!’

Eddie scoffs as she digs into her purse for her keys. “You wouldn’t dare. In fact, you’re the one who’s gonna be worryin’ about me not ruinin’ the whole thing. Which, by the way, rude. I’m not the one who slaps Dan for no reason. And also, that’s not what Mag-Dickbag meant when he said I looked ravishin’. Dig deeper, babe.” She can’t help feeling smug, can’t help teasing the alien when he always makes so easy to.

When Venom “digs deeper” his noodle-head comes instantly spiralling out of the back of her neck. THAT’S worse!” He roars in utter outraged. “Oh, I will DEFINITELY be locking you in your bedroom while you sleep from now on!”

No, you won’t. Do you NOT remember that’s the type of shit my old man used to do to me?” Eddie arches a brow, shoots him a withering look.

Venom watches her walk off without waiting for his response. Instantly, he feels the guilt (hates feeling it so fucking much! Especially where Eddie is concerned... stupid Eddie.) “Eddie...” His voice is low and soft as he slowly floats after her, the inky cord that physically bonds them growing shorter as he grows closer to her. “I’m sorry, Eddie...”

Eddie sighs when he slowly loops himself around her waist a few times before nuzzling his noodle-head into her side. “I’m not mad at you, V. Just tired, and pissed off that these goddamn mutants keep showin’ up un-fuckin’-announced.”

Imagine how much phenethylamine a mutant’s brains produce...” Venom mumbles slowly and quietly, almost... suggestively. He hears her pretty laugh then, feels it vibrate lightly against the side of his head and digs his maw deeper into her side to hide his stupid grin.

“Will you just be serious, please?” Eddie lightly scolds him, though, there’s a playful hint to her tone. She goes to raise her key to her door, pauses again with a thoughtful look on her face as she suddenly glances down at him. “What would happen if you ate my head?”