Taste You

After Eddie finishes off every last bite of each dessert – with Venom sweetly watching her – and they’ve finished the three bottles of champagne, Venom insists on clearing up their mess later, and instead, they both head back downstairs to their apartment.

Eddie digs into her pocket for her phone and grins when she sees it’s only just passed midnight. She slips her phone back into her pocket, pulls out the small wooden box Patrick and Toxin gave her and says, “I got a better idea over Netflix and chill...” Her grin widens, eyes glinting in mischief when Venom simply blinks and waits for her to go on. She does with, “How about we get high as fuck, find a rave, and let fuckin’ loose for the night?”

Venom blinks again, looks slightly lost. “You mean... together?

Eddie nods. “Of course. People will either recognise their Lethal Protector, and wanna thank him and take stupid selfies with him, or they’ll think you’re just another guy in an awesome rave costume. Either way, who’s seriously gonna fuck with you?”

Venom likes the idea of that – of dancing in a club with his girl, just like normal couples do. However, he does have one question. “Do I get to kill anyone that tries to touch you?”

He inquires so seriously that Eddie has to fight not to smile. “No.” It doesn’t last long, she ends up smiling anyway when he only lets out a little snarling huff of disapproval. “Raves aren’t known for their social distancing, V.” She teases, then with a sweet smile, she compromises with, “But you can definitely get a little violent if anybody decides to get over handsy. The jealousy may be unbecomin’, but you know I love watchin’ you scare the shit outta people.” She throws a flirty grin over her shoulder as she turns back to her wardrobe.

Venom can’t help feeling his pride swell, can’t help preening at her words. “OK. Let’s go get wasted!”

Eddie chuckles. “That’s the spirit.”

“This one, Eddie... please?”

Eddie turns to face him just in time to see a small tendril float passed her. He reaches into her wardrobe for the blue dress she wore for Anne and Dan’s engagement party, and she can’t help shoot him a soft smile. She managed to clean it well enough, but – “It’s got a tear in it, V.” She takes the dress from his tendril, shows him the small hole in the left side of the waist.

“Doesn’t matter. Will still look perfect.”

Eddie rolls her eyes, but can’t help smiling, and really, can’t refuse him, either.

[20 Minutes Later.]

“Fuck, I haven’t been to a rave since I was 17.” Eddie is not at all nervous about people staring at the 7 foot alien standing right beside her, and totally nervous about the fact that she might be the oldest fucking person in this club.

Ugh.

And now, she just feels old.

Even if her rack does look sensational in this dress – Venom’s right about that, at least.

Calm, Eddie. We’re here to have fun.” Venom lays a hand on her shoulder, smiles when he feels her relax under his touch. “Do you have the –“

“Oh, yeah. Right here.” Eddie digs into her leather jacket pocket, pulls out the small wooden box. She hands it over to him, wrinkles her face slightly when he opens the box and gives the mutant brains a little sniff. “What’s it smell like?”

Venom blinks, then tells her, “Apples.”

Eddie chuckles.

Venom grins. “Ready, Eddie?”